Chapter 72

Joan and the girls are in the hospital since the morning came along with little Eric who has been staring at his sister since they came in. He's surprisingly quiet as he sits on Nicola's lap holding a stuffed bear close to him while he constantly looks at his sister.

Nobody knows that he's the one hurting the most. He loves his sister so much and seeing her in her current condition right now makes him so confused and so sad. Every morning when he wakes up and find himself at his room, he would always run to Athena's room to check if his sister has gone home, but every time he did he would be disappointed finding an empty bed in front of him.

He's been doing that routine since the day after Athena was abducted. Nobody told him about that. Simon explained it to him but he still don't understand the situation. And now, he sees her. She came back. But for some reason, he didn't like what he sees.

Yes, Athena is here, right in front of him. But he can't even talk to her properly because most of the time his sister is asleep. He can't cuddle to her and kiss her like he was doing before because he sees the marks on her body and he's afraid that he might hurt her. He can't play with her because she can't get out of the bed or even stand on her own feet because they are broken.

He didn't know what happened to his sister or where did she get her marks. But the only thing that scares him is the fact that soon, Athena wouldn't wake up anymore and she would be gone in their life forever. And that haunts him every night.

Voices slowly faded as Eric got down from Nicola's lap and slowly made his way to the hospital bed. Eyes were turned to him, watching what he's going to do. The little boy climb on the chair beside the bed getting a full view of his sister lying in bed with tubes and wires attached to her. He looked at her face and can't seem to recognize her with the cuts and dark bruises.

Held his stuffed bear closer just staring at his sister with a sad look forming on his face . He crouched down peeking through the metal material on the side of the bed before getying on his knees and resting his head on the side of the bed the same time a tear escaped from his eyes.

Looks were exchanged but nobody did try to make a move. They let Eric have his moment with his sister. Its the only thing that they can give him so he can spend time with Athena. It breaks their heart seeing how the little boy is craving for the affection of his sister. They noticed the change in the behavior of the child and they know he's starting to figure out what was going on. And they don't know if he can handle the truth.
----------------------
Cheryl and Simon have just arrived back in London and now, they're on their way to the hospital. Cheryl can't wait to see her daughter and hoping that there's a change in her condition.

Kevin and Eloisa are sentenced to life imprisonment without bail. And somehow for Simon, that's not enough. He really wants them both killed but he knows he can't do anything anymore. And with this he's been silent since they got out of the courtroom and Cheryl noticed his behavior.

"Si?"She whispered placing her hand on top of his making Simon look to her.

"You okay? You're quiet." Cheryl said softly. Simon stared at his wife before letting out a small smile and nod. He sighed as he sat back on the car seat while Cheryl kept her look to him. When he looked out of the window, Cheryl decided to let it go and just wait for him to come to her. Maybe its better that way.

While on the road, Cheryl phone rings making the brunette look at her phone seeing as Joan's calling her so she answered it right away afraid something happened.