Chapter 49

Athena's P.O.V.
It was the day of my therapy session and even though I've done this many times already, I'm still feeling nervous and scared. Yesterday helped me take my mind of this because we had fun. We had a stay in and a cuddle day while we watch movies. We also spent time together by the garden just enjoying each others company and I was happy.

If I had the chance I would rather choose to stay like that. I'd rather be at home with my Dad, Mam and Eric and we would have a laugh at everything. I'd rather be at home resting and feeling comfortable than to stay in the hospital with needles and tubes attched to me hearing just the sound of the machines. Because after this, I know I would never get to go home. I would be stuck in that hospital bed feeling so weak.
---------------
"After the session, we would do some tests to know the current condition of her body. If she would recover fast, then she could go back home but I strongly suggest that she'll just stay here in the hospital for her to be monitored." Sitting here and taking it all in what Doctor James said really confuses me and made me realize that this is it. Maybe I've come to the middle of my term.

I glanced up and saw Eric looking at me straight in the eyes with a sad confused look in his face. And I really felt sorry for him to witness all of this. He should be happy kid, exploring new stuff that would add up to his knowledge but then he's here looking so confuse, and I know he's really trying to figure out what is really happening to me and I'm not planning on telling him.

He doesn't need to know.

And then that's when I came to a decision that this would be the last time Eric would come here to the hospital. He's not supposed to be exposed in this kind of environment. He needs to be surrounded by a happy aura. And I would sacrifice that just to know that he is happy even if it means that I might never get to see him again.

"Athena" I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at Dr. James who has a smile on his face. He offered his hand and I looked at it for a while before taking it. Guess this means I'm going.

"We'll wait for you sweetheart. See you later." Mam says as she placed a deep kiss on top of my head and on my cheek making me release a small smile. I look up and saw Dad with a sad smile in his face. He didn't said anything and just placed a kiss on top of my head while I took this moment to give Eric a kiss on the cheek.

"See you later" I whispered. They pulled away completely and with that we started to walk away. My heart beats out of my chest as I hear Eric's trembling voice asking my parents where I was going or what is happening. And I really wish I could tell him. But then I know it would just break his heart. It's better this way.
------------------
Author's P.O.V.
Simon walked in his daughter's room and let's out a shaky breath as soon as he saw the state of his daughter. He couldn't take it. She looks so lifeless with her pale skin, thin body and the dark circles under her eyes. He expected this but then he would still get shocked or surprised by her daughter's state. And it was something he didn't like.

He slowly made his way towards the bed and placed a soft kiss on Athena's forehead before sitting himself down on the chair next to the bed and taking her little girl's hand placing a kiss on it. A lump grew in his throat as he stared at her. He really hates seeing her in this state. It was unbearable.

"Hi my princess." He whispered placing another kiss on her hand. "I'm sorry if we're making you do this. I-I know you want to stop. But.." He paused and that's when the tears fell. He was hurting because of her state.