Chapter 24

Athena sits on the backseat with a sleeping Eric on her lap stroking his brown hair. She's on her way home, her real home. She lets out a soft sigh and smile as she looks out of the window. She was excited on what's going to happen on the next chapter of her life. Though it might be the last, still she can't wait to find out what's waiting for her.

Cheryl hasn't taken her eyes off her kids. She was happy and satisfied with what she sees. She's been dreaming of this ever since and it is happening right now. It's the day Athena will be welcomed officially to the family. Cheryl spread the news to her family and friends and now, they're all waiting in the house getting ready for the surprise party that they've organized for Athena.

Simon was at the top of the world. Seeing his wife happy and knowing the fact that there is an additional in the family just makes him very happy and feel amazing. Their family is now complete. Though Athena is not biologically his, he wanted to somehow hear her call him 'Dad'. He wants to know more about the girl make her feel welcome and reassure her that everything will be okay, that she is already in safe hands.

"Athena..." Cheryl cuts the silence that surrounds the car. Athena turns and looks at her mother and gave her a dimpled smile making Cheryl melt.

She is really beautiful

"You okay?" Cheryl smiles as her daughter gave her a nod.

Simon placed a hand on Cheryl's knee making the brunette turn to look at her husband who has a huge smile on his face. He glanced at her and took her hand bringing it up to his lips planting a soft kiss on it making Cheryl let out a sigh and smiled.

They've finally arrived at their home and Athena was in shocked. She didn't know that their home would be huge like what she's seeing in front of her.

"We're here" Simon whispered as the huge gates open. Simon drives in heading towards the front of their mansion. Athena was speechless as they went a stop in front of the house.

"Babe..." Athena snapped out of her daze and turns to her mother looking rather confuse which made Cheryl let out a smile. Cheryl gets out of the car and went towards Athena's letting out a giggle as she passed his husband making Simon let out a smirk before following her behind.

Simon opens the passenger seat making Athena look up to them at the same time, Eric starts to stir and eventually got up from Athena's lap. His eyes traveled to her sister and managed a smile which brought the smile back on Athena's face.

"Had a good sleep" Athena says as she places a kiss on the little boy's head.

"Eric come here, let's go inside." Simon says and the boy obeyed moving closer to his father holding his arms up. Simon took his son out of the car before he lifted him up and carried him. Athena climbs out of the car before Cheryl closed the car door. Athena's eyes travelled to the huge and luxurious house in front of her amazed on what she's seeing.

"Let's go inside" Cheryl says as she placed her arm around the girl's shoulders and placing a kiss on top of her head. They all walked to the front door and got in. The house is dark so Cheryl turns the lights on.

"WELCOME HOME ATHENA!" the shouts and cheers stunned Athena making her jump and held on to her mother gripping her hand tightly against her chest as she breathe heavily. This made Cheryl giggle as she held her daughter in her arms trying to calm her down.

"It's okay" She whispers as she places a kiss on top of her head making the girl sigh and eventually turn to look at the others. She sees smiles and tears and some familiar faces.