Chapter 69

The machines are all set as the nurses pack their things leaving some few notes.before leaving the jet. I sat down beside Cheryl and placed my hand on top of hers but she didn't respond or anything. She just rest her head on the side of the bed and stare at our daughter.

I haven't got any word out of her since yesterday and it was worrying me. She just stays beside Athena staring at her like she was memorizing every piece of her. And it hurts because its reminding me that Athena's life is on the line. That as soon as she wakes up, she would be leaving us all behind.

" I told Joan we'll be in London tonight. Just to let them know." I whispered as I sat beside her looking at our Athena looking so lifeless on the bed.

It never entered my mind to be in a situation like this. To be waiting for our daughter to wake up and spend our time with her remaining time.
The marks all around her body are very visible and it was like someone is stepping on my heart over and over again.

"Simon..." It was barely a whisper but I heard her clearly making me look at her and saw her just staring at Athena.

"When Bella wakes up? Do you think she'll remember us?" I don't know what is on my wife's mind but I think I know what is her point and I need to take her head around it.

"Of course, she'll remember us babe. I know that."

"What if she doesn't?" My heart totally dropped upon hearing this as she looks at me with tears daring to come out of her eyes. And somehow, I don't have a response to that because I, myself, doesn't know what will happen.

As I don't have the answer, she then burst into tears making me take her in my arms giving her as much comfort as she needed while I stare at our daughter hoping she would hear my plea and just continue to fight for us.
-----------------------
Author's P.O.V.
That morning after the night they've arrived in London, came Joan alongside with Eric and the girls who had the hard time in getting in the hospital because paps are already camped outside eager to know what is happening inside.
Joan, Eric and the girls didn't know what was waiting for them. And as they arrived in the room gasps were released as sokn as they saw the little girl looking so lifeless with wires and tubes attached to her battered body.

They were in shock that Eric already thinks that the girl that's infront of him is not his sister because he can't barely recognize her with the marks around her.

Cheryl was frozen in her spot. She ignored the people around and is stuck staring at her daughter not wanting to miss anything from her. And somehow it was making her family worried because even Eric is being ignored by her and it was hurting the little boy. So to take his attention away from the situation Simon took him out of the room and decided to take him out for the mean time, also to buy food for his wife who haven't got anything in her since last night leaving Joan and the girls to accompany Cheryl.

As they were left in the room, not a word has been said but looks were exchanged. They don't know what to say and how to cope with the situation. They don't even know how to approach Cheryl and try to comfort her because she was stuck in her own world.

After a while Joan decided to go to Cheryl. She needs to wake up Cheryl into reality before she completely slips into her world.

"Pet, I think you need some rest." Joan said softly as she touched her daughter's shoulder but Cheryl didn't made any movement in return.