extra.

Word Count: 6,270 words

EXTRA. 爱之深,责之切

---

Fire Nation Capital, Royal Palace

When it came to reshaping the world to a new era of peace, nobody thought it would come this way.

Just as they thought Fire Lord Zuko had spent so much time gallivanting outside his own nation, he was barely home. It wasn't something Kiyi liked but grew to accept as time went on. Ursa and Ikem seemed unaffected by it too just as their daughter did.

The one who had it bad was Natsuko as she was ordered to be training with the Kyoshi Warriors as a joke which they, referring to the warriors themselves, took to heart.

Not to get her wrong, she loved training to be an honorary Kyoshi Warrior. It had its perks, also being taught the art of chi blocking and evolving her ability to bend energy made her resistant to the dangers it held. She also finally was able to reenact Sokka's poorly narrated action scene that Suki pulled off during the riot in the Boiling Rock, only doing it in the palace walls which was a lot harder to climb on.

Speaking of palaces, she has finally memorized the palace after a long time of not being able to, which was already an achievement on its own. She nailed it from the east wing to the previous throne room which Roku destroyed whilst in the Avatar State.

Every day she awaits for Zuko to arrive, the bed wasn't as soft as it is when the dent on the left side of the bed was fading day after day. And that awkward ray of sunshine wasn't there to greet her good morning.

She felt as if she was a wife whose husband had gone to war, not that she was a wife or there was another war. It was a figure of speech is what it is. More to it, she felt as if she was the husband of her own husband and she is pissed for not allowed to join him in his merry travels.

Why was she even trying to explain it to herself?

It wasn't like he even gave her a heads up and just literally kissed her goodbye the second before he boarded the airship, it happen the minute before he did. Even had the audacity to ask her in the exact words of "You want something from- never mind. You stay here, alright" as if he was running late for whatever meeting he was having.

And for some reason, he decided to keep everyone in the shadows with what other secrets he keeps to himself. That didn't anger Natsuko in anyway, it was supposed to be she who knows better in keeping secrets and all for good reason too.

It was like the feeling of betrayal when he decided to leave her alone when he was in an adventure on his own and it's been weeks since then (Actually, it has only been a week). But at the same time she felt as if this was karma coming after her for leaving him in her own travels.

Wherever he was, she can't help but worry of what was going through his mind. She trusted his judgment in many things but she also knew the other irrational things he does without thinking it through. Even when she knew he was capable of defending himself.

A candlelight appeared on top of her head in her mind, an idea suddenly showed to her in the mention of defense, and her hand was reaching out for a writing tool and parchment out of nowhere.

Fire Nation Capital

After another week, Zuko finally came home. It was before dawn when the airship arrived and Natsuko was the first thing on his mind. Actually it was sleep then Natsuko which was basically the same thing.