chapter xxiv

Word Count: 3,825 words

CHAPTER XXIV: 起死回生苦

---

"It'd be nice if your Avatar powers could be just a little more specific from time to time."

The night after grabbing Sokka from Chameleon Bay, a few seconds before he was about to board the ship, the continued to Ba Sing Se where they saw Toph running away towards the city as well. Apparently, she was tricked into coming with the Xin guy and her earthbending master because of her father's wishes, "Welcome back."

"Great to be back." Toph clung onto Sokka and Natsuko gave her the nudge, which she returned the favor and almost knocked Natsuko off of Appa, "Toph!"

"Sorry."

The moment they reached the wall, they first went to the palace, asking about where Katara was. The Earth King just told them that she was with the Kyoshi Warriors, "See, Aang? She's with Suki. They're probably back at our apartment right now talking about makeup or something."

Aang looked at Natsuko, nodding before looking at the ground, "Maybe you're right."

They went back to the apartment, only to find Momo and nobody else, not even Katara or Suki, which meant, "Katara is in trouble. I knew it."

"Wait, someone's at the door." Toph pointed at the direction of the door before hearing the knock, "Actually, I know who it is, an old friend of mine."

"Glad to see you're okay."

Toph opened the door and showed to them the Uncle of Prince Zuko, earning different forms of response from the rest of them, "I need your help."

"You guys know each other?" Aang asked before he even saw Natsuko hug Uncle, "Natsuko, he's the enemy."

"I met him in the woods once and knocked him down. Then he gave me tea and some very good advice." Toph explained while Uncle gave them his cheeky smile. Natsuko smiled at the thought, "Does sound like uncle."

"Wait, uncle?" It was Sokka's turn to be surprised at the two girls who were comfortable with the enemy.

Iroh asked them, "May I come in?"

Toph nodded and let Iroh come inside their apartment before she closed the door. He told them the reason why he needed their help, "Princess Azula is here in Ba Sing Se. She has captured my nephew, as well."

"Then we'll work together to fight Azula and save Katara and Zuko." Aang said, crossing his arms which Sokka didn't like one bit, "Woah, there. You lost me at "Zuko"."

"I know how you must feel about my nephew, but believe me when I tell you there is good inside him." the old man's eyes glint with hope when he told them about the good Zuko had but Sokka pushed Iroh's hands away from his shoulders.

"Good inside him isn't enough. Why don't you come back when it's outside him, too, okay?"

The two of them argue before agreeing to help Iroh, knowing that he knew Princess Azula very well and was also a capable fighter. He walked to the door saying, "I brought someone along who might be able to help us."

He opened the door and showed them the captured Dai Li agent. Toph earthbending him tight to his already bounded hands, nearing him to take the cloth muffling his breathing and speech. It didn't take long for them to try and convince him to spill the secrets, already telling them the plans right after his mouth was uncovered, "Azula and Long Feng are plotting a coup. They're going to overthrow the Earth King."