chapter xiii

Word Count: 1,844 words

Chapter XIII: 天才たちの恋愛頭脳戦

---

In the duration of a year, they finally arrived at the Northern Water Tribe.

They took a little detour to the Northern Air Temple where they met Teo, who can fly, and his father, a scientist. Of course at first it looked like airbending but using the machinery his father built they have been able to manipulate and bend the laws of gravity to their will. It was a fun experience minus the fact that they have caused a small war between the Fire Nation who has been terrorizing the people who lived in the temple to create weapons for them. To keep it short, they successfully drove off the soldiers and brought peace to the Air Temple and trudged forward to the Northern Water Tribe.

It wasn't a smooth flying like every other flying they do. Everyone was exhausted with no reason, much or less being bored and unhappy, with seeing nothing but water and ice and no sign of the Sister Tribe. At least until Sokka had to say something and miraculously, the Northern Tribe did show themselves. And when they reached the place, it was absolutely nothing like the Southern Water Tribe, absolutely Natsuko had nothing to say since she haven't seen it yet but the place she was in still was a sight to behold.

Especially with the event they were hosting for their sister Tribe, the arrival of the Avatar, and of course the Spirit of the Avatar from the Spirit World. It was still a weird thing to say or even hear for everyone else who had been with Natsuko, imagining the Spirit to look like a giant white glowing kite who is the personification of Light but in all actuality was a teenager who looked anything like a person who could bend, much less all four elements. But what can they say, she is full of surprises.

The food was mainly the highlight of Natsuko's interest, at least what looked edible to everyone else. Aang wasn't fond of eating once living things while she believed that there are some animals that are not for human consumption, there are also other beings with their significance would inevitably be to eat and to be eaten. Sokka was one who didn't care as long as he sustains the energy his body needs so it was a sight to see when he was conscious of being considered rude by the person beside him.

While the three Water Tribes were on the table, eating to their heart's content, mainly Katara for a change and Sokka having a conversation with the Princess of the Northern Water Tribe and him being a self proclaimed Prince of the other, Aang and Natsuko were met with Master Pakku.

"Master Pakku, meet your newest students, the Avatar and the Spirit."

Master Pakku was a very strict man based on the way he talked to them, a traditional man who believed in the customs of his Tribe and was one to stand by it despite the obstacles that come in his way. It would've been admirable for Natsuko when she thought that at least people still believe in tradition but soon changed her mind by the retort he told the both of them.

"Just because you're destined to save the world don't expect any special treatment."

Something with that statement didn't fit right with Natsuko, getting the feeling that he's seems rather appalled with the idea of teaching the Avatar and even her, especially her. He wasn't in any way obliged to teach Natsuko, she could find another waterbender to teach her, even in the Spirit World just so she could prove to him that she didn't need him, but nevertheless he still taught her anyways.

Even when Katara wasn't allowed to learn waterbending as a way of attack, she was only allowed to use it for healing and whatnot.

"I'm sorry, I think there has been a misunderstanding. You didn't tell me your friend was a girl."