chapter xxxi

Word Count: 5,188 words

CHAPTER XXXI. 隨緣

---

Everybody was now acquainted- if not, more- than before with the former prince of the Fire Nation. After a week of what seemed to be the unlikeable destination in the afterlife, Zuko finally had the time to rest. At least that was how it was supposed to work.

He had done almost all of it. Finding the secret organization of the Sun Warriors, breaking in and out of the Fire Nation's most ambitious prison hold, and finally found Katara's trust back.

Right before the day his sister had found their hiding spot, everyone was doing pretty well especially to have seen Hakoda and Suki again after so long. They were in a circle, talking about what had happened among them, one conversation led to another until they heard the rustling of debris from the place. While knowing everyone with them was in the circle, even the new person was with them.

Sokka saw this as an opportunity to continue talking about ghost stories to prove that the more people, the less he became scared, "Have you all heard about the man who made a pact with a spirit to defeat his enemies with just one blow?"

"Sokka, not this again." Sokka had this smile despite his sister's reluctance to listen.

"You're just scared." the boomerang guy turned to the newcomers, "Do you know any stories?"

Just as the night continues, everybody had their fair share of the best story they have ever heard of or made up on the spot. A continuation of the night when they encountered Hama. Sokka, however, has been saving Natsuko for last, "You're turn."

"Well, in my day." Sokka had already groaned at the way she had worded her words yet again, "In the past, the olden times. An earlier time, since Raava knows when."

"Just get on with it!"

Natsuko chuckled, "Yes, yes, spirit and mortal realm has been long separated that's why the spirits hitherto has been. But there are still spirits who have found ways to get to this world, just as how some people are brought into the spirit world."

"Does the spirit world have bathrooms?" The Duke raised his hand and Sokka had provided him an answer, "In fact, they do not."

"So what's this spirits like?" Teo asked the spirit, "Are they scary? Is there such thing as a man eating spirit?"

"Not exactly. Not all of them." Natsuko hesitated for a moment, "Possibly but statistically to encounter them is most unlikely. A percentage of 75% during a certain season."

"How do you know all of that?" Natsuko sweat dropped at the question given to her by the new guy. Albeit, feeling guilt since she really didn't know his name as well as too keen to ask him. She scratched the side of her face with her finger and just laughed it off.

Aang sensed her distress, "Well, her family have been recording history ever since the beginning of the realms."

"Yes, I am an actual descent of the first Avatar somewhere along the tree." she added but The Duke looked at her with eyes that says I don't believe you, "Anyways, would you like to hear about spirits or not?"

Before anyone would reply she already started, "If my memory serves right, there are lots more of spirits than those flesh rotting, dead bodied, face first, tall, lanky spirits. There are also terrifying just as they are, with no offense to their faces."

"You already are terrifying with how you're starting with, spirit or not." Sokka was clinging to Suki as he had flashbacks to the first ghost story telling.