extra.

Word Count: 7,271 words

EXTRA. 라벤더와 벌집

---

九千九百三十二

It took almost 10,000 years for Natsuko to settle down. To be honest, she never thought of that this moment would never knock on her door when it all came in a bang, complete with a battering ram. Not to mention, she was becoming Fire Lady.

Fire Lady? When did that happen? Apparently marrying the Fire Lord meant she had to share his limelight as the leader of his people. She had many more responsibilities on her shoulders all the sudden as if she became the spirit of the Avatar once again.

The Avatar? He was here too. Along with his betrothed who had taken a liking to the crooked betrothal necklace Aang made for her, emitting the same words Suki once said, "I think its sweet."

Suki was here, although in her Kyoshi Warrior attire, along with her fellow sisters in arms. That didn't stop Sokka from constantly baiting her to sneak out and run away from duty, failing miserably every time. Toph had even stopped teaching metalbending for this very occasion.

Iroh also cannot stop dropping a hint or a thousand more about having children as early as the Fire Lord can, then talk about the beebird's, both of which they tried their best to avoid.

Everything was new. Even the concept of having other people from different nations for many years were new. The Avatar being the best man was new. Yue already making an earlier appearance as the sun still shines was new. Spirits, even Natsuko being here was new.

And it all felt surreal even in the afterparty.

If being married meant Zuko will bring Natsuko to a hot spring, she should've agreed sooner.

"This is a hot spring?"

It looked bigger than what she expected. The first spring her eyes has ever laid upon was the spirit oasis back then and the first time she had soaked herself in it to save her from going flat line. Other than that, the other hot spring was Uncle's made up one during those days.

There was even a large crimson bed that must feel as comfortable as every other bed. But there's only one bed so they might have to share, not that she already gets to share a bed with him.

She slapped her forehead in her mental imagine, forgetting the term marriage here and there. Married to the man in front of her who was looking around with a small smile on his lips and a creeping taint of red flowing on his cheeks.

"I... uh, remembered." Zuko started, sweat dropped at something even she had forgotten but he still shared the thought with her, "I remember the first time you saw a hot spring..."

She just laughed, "How could I forget? I almost saw Uncle naked."

"If I didn't cover your eyes in time." Zuko retorted but then shook his head to stay on track, "What I meant was I remembered that you wanted to go to one so..."

He still remembered the day it happened, the same day he chose to abandon her after leaving her in the woods like a stray crococat. Well, not technically because she suddenly disappeared when he was supposed to get her back. The thing is she at least forgot about it.

Part of him gave him relief when the man he asked about the whereabouts of the Avatar and to know that Natsuko was with them. Part of him wanted to take her to the best hot springs himself and let their problems wash away.

Part of him was jumping his trousers off as he giddily realized the fulfillment of another promise.

"Do you want to try it?" he asked her which she agreed upon almost immediately. The moment later, it pans to her relaxing and finally being able to feel the miracles of the hot water seeping through her body.