chapter xxxii

Word Count: 5,134 words

CHAPTER XXXII. 美名胜过美貌

---

"You guys are not gonna believe this."

It has been a few days since the field trip of Natsuko with Zuko, although nobody really knows what they actually did during the said trip.

Staying true to the tale of the blood thirsty spirit, neither of them had spoken about that day nor did they have the guts to carelessly talk about the field trip. Whenever they were asked about that day, they would just shrug, "You should go sometime."

"Where?" Sokka asked Natsuko after passing by the spirit and the Avatar who asked about the field trip. It wasn't a secret that he, too and just like everyone else, was curious about the field trip.

"I'tihat." Natsuko smiled, "It's a magical place."

The two didn't miss how Sokka raised a brow and slowly backed away from them, before running to grab a map to pinpoint where I'tihat might be. He even went to the market place and ask everyone in town whether or not this place the Zuko and Natsuko talked about was true.

Which lead to when Sokka burst inside the summer house after the three firebenders had finished their own training in the home unlike all those days in the Air Temple when they had to fly on Appa to find a more open ground to practice bending.

"There's a play about us." Sokka said with an amount of satisfaction and smugness to his tone. He then brought out what looked like, "We were just in town, and we found this poster."

Katara walked to her brother holding the poster of Aang, Katara, and Sokka, with Zuko on the background, "How is that possible?'

"Listen to this." Toph also came into frame, so did Aang while Zuko didn't bother to stand up from the fountain and Natsuko stood beside Sokka to read the contents along with him, "The Boy in the Iceberg is a new production from acclaimed playwright Pu-On Tin, who scoured the globe, gathering information on the Avatar."

"From the icy south pole to the heart of Ba Sing Se. His sources include, singing nomads, pirates, prisoners of war, a mistress of words filled with milk and honey, and a surprisingly knowledgeable merchant of cabbage." Suki stuck her head to see the poster, "Brought to you by the critically acclaimed Ember Island players."

Just as Sokka took his hand away from the bottom of the parchment, it rolled itself up. Zuko, who wasn't particularly fine with the idea, groaned which caught the attention of everyone else, "My mother used to take us to see them. They butchered Love Amongst the Dragons every year."

Katara looked at her brother, "Sokka, do you really think it's a good idea for us to attend a play about ourselves?"

Sokka whined, "Come on. A day at the theatre? This is the kind of wacky, time-wasting nonsense I've been missing."

He let out a large smile to try and convince everyone to join in on his curiosity while Katara deadpanned expression was just visible, knowing that there was no stopping Sokka. It was no use hiding that everyone was also a tiny bit curious about it.

"I still don't want to go." Zuko shook his head at the energetic sword master who had this smile on his face. Natsuko just laughed at him, "Come on. Sokka's really looking forward to it."

The firebender grimaced, "I'm not."

Natsuko placed a hand on his shoulder, "Well you're coming with anyways. Besides, how bad could it be?"