Chemical Attraction Chapter 18

Hello to all my lovely fans, old and new! Thanks for helping me hit the milestones of 200 fans and 1000 votes! *dances happily* Sorry about the wait for this chapter :( Life has been so busy! *cries*

If any of you are interested, there is a student/teacher relationship story called Worlds Apart by alibuzzbee which I think has real promise and potential. :) Check it out! Haha

For those who don't know, Mr Cooper's POV is UPLOADED!! It's on my profile! So please check it out after reading this chapter if you haven't yet! :D Thanks

As usual, VOTE/ COMMENT/FAN!! Enjoy! :)

Chapter 18

The shrill ring of the alarm clock cut through my head like a sharpened knife. I clutched at my ears in agony, trying to deaden the sound. My eyes fluttered open before squeezing tightly shut as the light seared my eyes with blinding pain.

I moaned in distress. ‘What the hell is wrong with me?’

I felt the mattress shift next to me and finally, the dreadful racket ended. But the pounding in my head just grew worse.

“You thirsty?”

My eyes flew open in surprise at the decidedly male voice. Wincing, I stared blearily at the Alex-shaped blur lying next to me in the bed. My mouth gaped and my head reeled in shock.

“Oh no, please tell me we didn’t…” I murmured under my breath.

“Relax. Nothing happened, Phoebe.” Alex interrupted. “However much I’d like to, I prefer my girls conscious.”

Alex chuckled and my cheeks flamed. I hadn’t realized he’d heard me.

“So, you thirsty?” Alex repeated.

I nodded quickly as I became aware of my parched throat and dry, cracked lips. Alex handed me a glass of water from his bedside table with a smile, and sitting up, I downed it in one. I sighed in relief, feeling slightly better. But not much. I still felt as though I’d been dragged backwards up a hundred flights of stairs and then dropped off the edge of a skyscraper. Basically, I felt like the living dead.

I moaned softly and sank my head back down onto the pillow. Alex clucked his tongue in sympathy.

“Looks like you have a killer hangover, Bee.” he said softly. “Not really surprising considering how much you drank.”

I frowned at his words. “I don’t drink.” I mumbled.

“Really?” Alex’s voice took on a teasing tone. “So what did you do last night then?”

“I… err… um…” I stuttered, racking my brains hard. But last night was just a hazy blur.

“I don’t remember…” I finally admitted as Alex raised his eyebrows.

“Take it from me, Baby Bee. You got wasted.”

I grimaced at his new nickname. “Oh god, please don’t ever call me that again.”

“Call you what, Baby Bee?” His face was a perfect picture of innocence.

“Urgh,” I growled, rolling over and snuggling into my pillow. My revenge plan was already formulated. I’d sleep this cursed headache off and then kick him in the balls.

‘Perfect.’

Suddenly, my warm duvet was whipped off my body and I almost shrieked at the sudden cold. I curled up into a protective fetal position as I glared at Alex’s smirking face.