There's a Firefly Loose Tonight (Sterek)

Stiles makes a soft humming noise as he pushes the key into the lock, and walks into his home. "I'm home, babes!" Stiles yells, turning on the light before yawning loudly. He hates working late, he doesn't get to put the kids to bed or eat dinner with his family. He frowns when he doesn't get answer, he definitely saw Derek's car in the driveway, and he walks into the kitchen. There's a plate wrapped in foil on the table with a beautifully written note that says "Daddy" from his son. "Sweet boy." Stiles says, and he goes to jog up the stairs to the kids' rooms. "Hey, babies. Anyone awake?" Stiles says, poking his head into James's room. "And my son is not in bed." Stiles says, frowning deeply.

Stiles walks towards Claudia's room, poking his head in and she's not in her bed either, and he walks downstairs for his phone. He's not worried, yet, and he taps his foot on the ground as he waits for his husband to answer. "Hello, honey. How is work?" Derek answers, using that ridiculously voice that's full of patience.

"Derek Samuel Hale. Where in God's green earth are my children?" Stiles says, mocking his husband's voice. He stresses the word my with such force, he even thinks it's too much.

"Now, sweetheart. The last time I checked they were my children too. Our children. Our." Derek tells him, and Stiles slaps his head with his hand. "We are outside. I'm watching them catch fireflies. They love it. You should join us." Derek says, and Stiles eats a huge bite of food as he sits down at the table.

"Yeah, okay. Where are you?" Stiles says, taking some of his dinner with him. He's really way too hungry, he needs to bring food with him to work, and he walks out the back door. He listens closely, he can almost hear his kids laughing, and he smiles.

"Don't worry. We'll find you." Derek says, hanging up the phone. Stiles sighs, his stupidly adorable werewolf family, and he walks towards the woods where Derek is always taking the kids. "Go find Daddy." Derek tells him, holding his hands out for the jars that they caught fireflies in.

James and Claudia burst into giggles as they run off, sniffing at the air loudly, and Claudia gets the scent first before she tugs her brother along with her. Derek laughs, they're going the wrong way since Stiles is tricking them, and he goes in the right direction. "Daddy!" James yells, and Derek grins when he hears Stiles' soft giggle.

"You shouldn't trick them." Derek says, quietly as he wraps his arms around his husband. Stiles jumps, it brings Derek joy to be able to do that still, and Stiles turns to glare at him. "Sorry, baby." Derek says, kissing him in greeting. He hates when Stiles works all the time. It's annoying mostly since Derek always wants his husband around, not that he doesn't love being a stay at home dad.

"I missed you." Stiles says, smiling at him as he kisses him. He wonders how long he has until the kids figure out that he tricked them. Derek smiles as he kisses him back and he holds him.

"Daddy! We found you!" James yells, throwing himself at his Daddy. Stiles laughs happily as he holds him close to his body. "We got fireflies!" James says, patting his Papa's arm to get him to show his dad.

Derek laughs as he shows him the jars, Stiles grins at them as he looks at them, and he nods his head. "They're great!" Stiles says, hugging Claudia to the other side of his leg. "I love guys. This is great." Stiles says, smiling at them.

The kids start talking to him about their days, and Stiles is more than happy to sit on the ground and listen.

Requested by: DerekhalesMate
Artist: Unknown