Malia, No! (Malira)

Kira usually doesn't like to spend time at the farmer's market, it full of people are moving around in all different directions, and not to mention that Malia hates it. She doesn't like to be around people, they smell weird she says and it's really loud, so Kira doesn't make her girlfriend do that. She likes the fresh fruit and vegetables, picking them herself and putting them away in a basket, and she knows that Malia doesn't understand the feeling. Kira tried to explain to her that it's the same feeling that Malia used to get when she would hunt for herself as a coyote. It makes Malia looks at her in understanding before she drops the subject.

"How long are we going to have to be here?" Malia asks, slapping a bug that lands on her thigh. She hates the bugs, fleas were a nightmare that she has escaped from so she can't get mad at Scott for that, and she hates the sun and the way it feels on her skin. It makes it hot and burn, but she doesn't want Kira to not have fun. Kira does so much for Malia, Malia knows that she does and she feels what she knows is love for the other girl, and she asked Stiles about it. Stiles told her that's what love is, and Malia welcomes it. "I mean. I want you to have fun and pick all the vegetation that you want." Malia adds on, earning herself a fond smile from her lover.

"I'll just be a few more minutes, okay? Then we'll get a snow cone." Kira tells her, and Malia nods her head as she takes the basket of fruits and vegetables from her since it looks heavy. Kira gives her a grateful smile as she walks down the street, and Malia follows her. "Okay, now you hand the basket to him and he prices it." Kira explains, and Malia nods her head. She remembers going to the store with her mother when she was younger, it was fun and she liked guessing how much it was cost, and she smiles some.

"How much do you think it's going to be?" Malia asks her, and Kira hums as she looks at it. "I think twenty." Malia says.

"It's going to be more than that." Kira tells her, and Malia shakes her head. "Okay. I think it's going to be near forty. Let's go look around while until he checks us out. Winner gets to have first bite of the snow cone." Kira says, and Malia nods her head as she follows her. Her ears and eyes are tuned into the sounds of the place, it's a little loud but not distracting. "Oh, look!" Kira squeals, and Malia turns her head. "Pet rabbits." Kira says, gently picking up the creature.

Malia does the same, holding it by the neck and it squeaks softly, and she moves to rest it in her hands. She's confused, not sure what to do, and she looks at her girlfriend. "D-Do I eat it?" Malia asks her, thinking it was so strange mate thing. Kira looks at her in disbelief and she all but shouts a no. Malia frowns again but she leans forward to kiss the bunny's head, and Kira makes an 'aw' noise as she walks over. "Like that?" Malia asks her, and Kira nods her head. "If I was still a coyote I would kill it and bring it to you before we mated." Malia tells her, matter of factually.

"That's actually weirdly sweet." Kira says, kissing her cheek as she gently takes the rabbit from her. It's for the best since it smelled delicious, and Malia walks with her. "Let's see who won." Kira says, taking out her wallet. "How much is it?" Kira asks.

"Twenty-four. The strawberries on sale." He says, and Malia does the math in her head before grinning at Kira. Kira looks like she doesn't mind that she lost as she pays the man, and Malia takes the bag.

"Blue raspberry." Malia tells her, naming her favorite flavor. Kira nods her head with a fond grin as they walk together.

Requested by: Dini_Stilinski_Hale

Artist: Kendrawcandraw