Take it Off! (Sterek)

It's lazy days like this that Derek loves, where the air is cool but not cold, and the sun is only slightly hidden by clouds. He wakes up early, wanting to take advantage of the day, and he slips on his shoes before he goes to for run. He's in the mood where he feels that nothing can go wrong, a rare mood that he never feels anymore, and when he jogs back go the house the pack is there. Isaac, Scott, Boyd, Erica, and Stiles are sitting on the porch as they watched him come back to the house. Derek lazily waves at them, lightly panting as he goes into the house, and he listens to their quiet mumblings to each other.

Derek grabs a bottle before he goes to take a shower, and he gets the idea to wash the car. He hasn't done that in a while and it's been awhile since the weather was that nice, and he dresses before going downstairs to go back outside. Erica's hair is tangled with leaves, like she'd been running in the woods and Boyd smells like he'd been chasing her, and Derek goes to fill a pail with water. "What are you doing?" Isaac asks him, his head turned to the side.

Derek holds up the pail of water and the sponge to make it obvious what he's doing, and Isaac hums as he goes back to his phone. Stupid technology, Derek thinks, and he sighs as he carries the water over to the car. Derek dips the sponge into the soapy water before he slaps it against the hood. The pack falls into an easy silence, Derek likes it, and he can feel them looking at him. He doesn't understand what makes this so weird to them, it really shouldn't be, but he doesn't bark at them to quit just yet.

It's not until he hears the snap of a cellphone camera does he turns his head around with a snap. The pack looks entirely too innocent, Erica is even humming which is not like her at all, and he glares darkly at her. Boyd snorts into his hand, Scott looks everywhere but him, and the phone that Isaac was attached to is now nowhere to be seen. "What?" Derek snaps at them, getting hums of innocent and hands that are held up in defence.

Derek rolls his eyes, he really doesn't have time for them, and he goes back to washing the car. "Take your shirt off!" Stiles yells, and Derek's eye twitches as he ignores him. It's taken years of practice, but he will put Stiles out of his mind. "C'mon! Take off your shirt. It's hot out here." Stiles yells, and Derek turns to glare at him. Stiles gives him a blinding smile, he always looks a little too proud of himself, and Derek takes a deep breath before he turns around to go back to washing the car.

"He's going to kill you if you do that." Derek hears Scott whisper, but his voice is tainted with glee. Derek has a feeling he's not going to like what's going to happen, and he wasn't wrong when he hears the song "Pour Some Sugar On Me" pouring from the small speakers of Stiles' phone.

Stiles is laughing gleefully as he waves his phone and Derek turns to give him the most threatening look he can muster at the moment. "Come on. Take off your shirt and wash you car. Then you can cool off with a nice diet Pepsi." Stiles yells, and he thinks it's totally worth it when Derek throws the sponge in his face.