14: Battle It Out, Don't Hug It Out

Start from the beginning

"I'm here to make her come home," He growls. I stare between the two.

"Please, Grace would never return with you! She belongs with us! Free! Like she's always wanted!" Toshiro growls back. I swallow.

"Grace, it's time to make your choice," Gabe snarls.

"W...what? Choice? What choice?"I stutter confused.

"Choose. It's us or Soul Reapers!" Gabe shouts at me.

"He's right, Grace," Toshiro says darkly. Rangiku steps forward and Toshiro holds up his hand. "Don't interfere Rangiku. That's an order."

"Yes captain," She whispered in shock.

"I can't make that choice!"I shouted at Gabe.

"You have to! It's the only way!" He shouts back. I step back.

"Real friends.... wouldn't make me choose,"I whisper. I can feel tears press at the back of my eyes.

" You have to make a choice. Don't hold us out like this!" Toshiro shouts at me. I step back away from both of them.  

"Please, Grace. It's us or them. And I think you want us," Says Gabe. I gulp for air. I.... can't breathe! 

"If you choose us, Grace, you get freedom! That's all you have ever wanted!" Toshiro yells at me tightening his fist and raising it." We won't keep you. If you choose us you can leave!"

" Please, Grace. You trust him? A Soul Reaper? Come back to us! Return to our realm!" Shouts the Gabe. I bring my hands up to my ears, my tears growing in numbers and falling down my cheeks.

"Shut up... shut up...."I whisper.

"Grace. You choose us and I promise, I will hold you and never let you go!" He shouts at me swinging his hand to the side fast and chopping the air in half. I gulp more air and try not to sob. 

"Stop talking...."I whisper. "Stop talking!" I fall to my knees trying to ignore their yells. I need to think... who to choose???

"Grace, please. Think about this. I'm your own kind," Gabe tells me. He takes a step forward, towards where I crouches on the ground.

"Don't you touch her! Grace... choose now!" Toshiro growls.

" I... I don't know... I choose..." I stutter.

"Grace..." Toshiro whispered.

"Grace!" Gabe shouted.

"Grace, please choose carefully,"Yumichika says.

"Quiet, Ayasegawa,"Toshiro growled. Yumichika opened his mouth to argue.

"THE SOUL REAPERS DAMNIT. I CHOOSE TO STAY WITH THE SOULREAPERS!" I shout in anger. Everyone falls silent. Gabe stepped back in shock.

"But.... Grace....." He whispered. I uncovered my ears and shot him a glare.

"I chose. Now leave,"I hiss. His gaze grows cold. My Zanpakuto returns to a katana and Jesus falls from the roots grasp, the roots retreating back to the ground from where they came.

"I won't be returning for you. Remember that when you need the help," He replies."I wont be there for you like I was when we were best friends." I scoff.

"Real friends.... wouldn't have done as you have. Wouldn't have lied, or hone against orders to come here and try to take me of my will. I've chosen. Now, leave and don't return,"I scream at him in anger. Jesus gives a pained look at Gabe and weakly holds up the key to the door. Gabe sticks the key inthe air and unlocks a door, pushing it open. A wide rectangle of light opens up. Gabe drags Jesus through the door, and doesn't glance at me once. The door slams shut and disappears.