Chapter 7: 2 Years Later

Two Years Later

"Seunghee! Wait up!" I turned around and saw my friend Nana running up to me.

"Do you have the papers for the exam next week?" She asked.

"Yeah they're in here." I looked inside my bag as i took out a thick booklet from of my bag and handed it to her. She smiled widely. "Thanks."

She looked through the booklet curiously and took a picture of each page. She handed the booklet back and we walked inside our first class.

University hasn't been so bad. Second year now and still a straight A student, I was glad everything was going okay. Nana was in the same major as me. Medical. I guess I wanted to become a doctor to help those in need.

I sat down beside Nana and the bell rang through the class. "Good morning everyone." Mrs. Walter chimed as she walked in. Her blonde hair pulled back in a bun as she wrote on the board.

Medical Project

Nana and I looked at each other nervously. "Today you'll be handed your last and final project before the summer starts. It'll be an independent assignment. You will be researching about a specific medical condition, disease, virus or any other sickness and will be writing an expository paper on it. Minimum number of pages will be seven and at least twenty five thousand words. You need to tell us about the causes, symptoms, care, ways to get better and more. It will be due in two weeks starting today." She explained.

Everyone in the class groaned. "And whoever writes the best essay, will be given extra marks. This will be 45% of your final grade on our unit on Medical Conditions." She said.

I immediately took notes on the project and started thinking about what I would do for the assignment.

***

I walked to my dorm that I shared with Nana and lied on my bed. "This is so stressful." I sighed and she nods.

"Why did I go into the medical field?" She asked herself as she fell on her bed.

I chuckled. "I think I got grey hairs." I said looking at my hair.

She giggled. "We all do, Seunghee." We both started laughing at her statement.

***

I spent the next two weeks nonstop writing about my medical condition. I lost almost a week of sleep in total and I have been drinking coffee to keep me awake which ended up not working after the first week.

On the day I got my essay back, I got a perfect score and I instantly fell back into my seat. I felt so proud of myself and Mrs. Walter gave me five extra marks for the all the extra stuff I wrote which meant that I had received a 105% on my essay.

Summer was now here and I decided to go shopping with Nana. I knew I needed a new look since I have been keeping the long dark brown hair look for almost six years. I definitely needed a change.

We both walked in the salon and a woman with short blonde hair walks up to us. "Hey girls, wanting a new look?" She asked.

"Yes." I confessed and she smiled. I told her my vision on my new look and she understood what I wanted instantly.

It took an hour before she was finally done. "Okay, open your eyes." She said and I felt my heart beating fast.

I opened my eyes and saw a stranger in my spot in front of me.