Chapter 24: Triple Date

Magnus's POV
I pick up Alexander at 11:45, I made us reservations at a little brunch café called Stevianú, across town. As I drive he holds my hand, I take a quick glance at his knuckles. The purple bruises from punching Sebastian are almost gone. Alec leans his elbow over the arm rest and rests his head on my shoulder. I smile to myself.

We get to the Stevianù's and sit at a small table in the back corner. We each get champagne french toast, upon my recommendation. When the food comes out he pokes it with his fork. "Another thing you haven't eaten before?" I ask, chewing slowly on the crunchy meal. "Every time I go out with you I try something new." He says and cuts his food. He takes a bite and his face makes a pleasant expression.

"This is really good." He says causing me to chuckle. "Darling, it looks to me that you are having a small food-gasm." I tell him, licking my lips at the sight of him being happy. Truly happy. He has his family and he has me. He rolls his eyes at me, a small smile on the corner of his lips.

"Look at who it is." Alec jumps slightly in his seat. I turn my back and face Sebastian and his girlfriend, Olivia. "People like you aren't welcome here." He says. He winces every so often, his nose still swollen and bruised. "This is a public place, also the 21st century. We can do whatever we want." I snarl at him.

"Just stay away from us." He says but Olivia punches him hard in the arm. Alec lets out a quick laugh, but he regains his composure. "You can come near me. They are people Seb. So stop being so homophobic." She says aggressively. "Sorry about him, he's just stupid." She tells us. She grabs his ear and pulls him to a table in the other room.

Alec and I glare at each other before breaking out in laughter. "She is like a mom." Alec says once we are done chucking. I reach across the table and grab his hand before pulling it to my lips. He blushes wildly. "Do you want to go to that carnival?" I ask with my usual dramatic charm. "Sure." He says, face still red.

********

We get to the carnival at the pier. We walk up and down the wooden platform just talking of the randomest things. Alec locks our elbows, resting his right arm across his body and onto my forearm. A few short minutes go by and we hear Alec's name being shouted. "Alec! Is that you?" We turn around and faced with a small group.

Izzy, Jace, I would assume Jace's red headed girlfriend Clary, and a boy clutched to Izzy. Alec untangles himself from me and pulls Izzy into a tight hug. "What are you guys doing here?" Clary asks. "We are on a date." I tell them and Alec slips his fingers between mine. Clary grins at us and asks, "Why don't you guys join us then?" The boy at Izzy's arm smiles and points at us. "It will be a triple date. So much better than a double date." He practically screams.

Izzy hits him and tells him to stay quiet. Immediately Alec's brotherly instincts takes over. "Who is he?" He asks, glaring at the boy. "This is Simon-" Izzy is interrupted by an eager Simon. "We are on a date." Alec is about to start asking questions, his eyebrows raising in so many emotions. I put my hand up to interject.

"Why don't we go play some games?" I suggest, waving my hand and circling it toward the carnival games strip. Everyone agrees. Jace raps his arm around Clary, Izzy locks elbows with Simon, and Alexander grabs my hands. I entangle our fingers together, rubbing my thumb against his knuckles.

We spend about 2 hours playing games, each couple spending about $25. Alec won me a small stuffed frog, Jace got Clary a massive teddy bear, and Simon got Izzy a fish. She really wanted a multi-colored fish, she said it "reminded her of her fashion sense." We walk up and down the pier a few times before Simon breaks out into a groan.

"I'm starving. Can we get some food?" He complains. I look at Alec and smile. "Yeah, why don't we go to a restaurant along the pier. There is a good seafood one near the end." Clary says. "Alec, will you-" Jace is about to say but he puts his free hand up. "Yeah, I will find something. If not, Magnus can pick for me." He says and gives my hand a reassuring smile.

We get to the small restaurant and we are seated immediately. We make small talk while looking over the menu. Alec presses his lips to my ear. "I never have had seafood before, I don't know what these things taste like." He whispers I rest my hand on his leg. The waitress comes and everyone order, I get Alec the simplest seafood meal. Shrimp Scampi, and I get raw oysters and Tilapia Burr Blanc.

     We make jokes and remanence about past events. The food comes out and the waitress places the food on the table. Alec states at my oyster shells and makes a disgusted face. He spins a piece of shrimp and pasta on his fork, slipping it into his mouth. He chews it for a few seconds before he spits the food out back onto the plate.

     Everyone laughs at him when he does this, including me. He rolls his eyes and kicks my foot under the table. I lift an oyster to his lips and eats it slowly. "See that's good." I grin at him, switching my plate for his. The rest of the meal is quiet until the check comes. The waitress was kind enough to give us individual bills.

     I reach for mine and Alec's but he catches it before I can. I kiss his cheek softly. "This was fun. Triple dates aren't actually as bad as I thought." I tell everyone outside of the restaurant. I shrug my jacket over Alexander's shivering shoulders. He clings to the jacket, gripping the fabric as close to his body as possible. "I'll see you guys at home." Alec tells them, then says a goodbye to Simon and Clary.

     Once everyone walks away, Alec pulls me to the beach's waterline. Our feet don't touch the water, but close enough. He grabs my side, moving me to face him. "Magnus." He whispers before pressing his lips to mine. "Today was fun." I tell him. He moves his hands up to my hair, wrapping his arms around my neck. My eyes close with the contact.

     "I love you Alexander. You're family is nice. At least they understand now." I say, chuckling a little. I wrap my hands around the small of his back, my fingers twisting the ring he gave me. He smiles at me before slowly leaning into the kiss. The moonlight against the water, the rushing sound of the waves. It's beautiful. He's beautiful.