Chapter 17: Morning Routines and Afternoon Fights

Alec's POV

I wake up when I hear the shower from the bathroom turn on. I smell bacon and cinnamon from downstairs. A keep my eyes closed until I hear a door open. I bolt up and see its Magnus coming out of the bathroom. He has a towel wrapped around his waist, water droplets are still sliding down his torso. "Good morning Alexander." He says, walking over and kissing me on the lips softly. I smile a little and stare at his neck.

He looks at me and smirks, biting his lip playfully. "You did wonders there. It looks quite nice." He bends over his dresser drawer and searches in the content. I wrap my arms around his waist and press my ear to his left shoulder blade. He places his hands over mine and I feel his breathing slow. "I meant what I said last night, Magnus." I whisper. "What do you mean?" He asks.

I spin him around and place my hands on both sides of his cheeks. "That I love you. I didn't just say it because I wasn't thinking straight. I do." I kiss him softly. "I do love you Magnus." He smiles slightly down to me. He kisses me, wrapping his arms around my waist. My arms instinctually cling to around his shoulders. "And I love you, Darling." He whispers before shortening the distance between our lips.

I feel his towel fall and I turn away from him. My face flushes and it didn't even happen to me. I feel him walk closer to me and when he's behind me, he kisses my neck. "Oh my little naive Alexander." He bites my ear before going back through the drawers. He tells me to turn, once having a pair of boxers on. "You can take a shower, maybe next time you can join me." He smirks at me which makes me rush into the bathroom.

I walk into the bathroom and close the door behind me. "I'll get your clothes from your bags." Magnus shouts through the door. I strip and slide into the warm water, letting the droplets cascade down my hair and back. I use some of this fruit smelling shampoo for my hair, it's a strong smell Magnus always wears. I turn the water off a few short minutes later, grabbing a towel from around the shower's corner.

I walk out of the room to a pair of clothes. I slide them over my body and head downstairs to eat breakfast with Magnus outside. We watch the sunrise and we sit on a porch swing in silence, a comfortable kind. When we finish we drive to school where I feel my energy drain and my nerves jump with anxiety. I try not to show it when we hop out of the car. He waits for me at the head of the car. All I need is Magnus.

I grab his hand a little hesitantly which causes him to look over his shoulder at me with a look that screams what the hell are you doing? I smile at him as I guide him behind me. I catch people's eyes and glare at them when we walk by. He laces our fingers together when he notices me looking around. We walk to my locker and I gather all my things for the day. "I'll see you in Anatomy." He pulls our hands apart and begins to walk away.

     I shut my locker and run to him. "Magnus." I say. He didn't get that far, only to the next set of lockers. I grab his arm and pull him into a kiss. We both pull back smiling, I don't even get bothered by the confused and judgmental glares we are getting. "I'll see you." I say before turning and heading to my class, the opposite way of Magnus.

*********

     When I get to Anatomy I sit with Magnus to take notes. Occasionally he would brush his pinkie finger across my knuckle. When the class is over we walk to Magnus's locker to get his gym clothes. I still can't take gym, they told me next week though I will be able to. As everyone changes I wait on the grass outside of the locker room. "Alec!" I turn to see the teacher and a woman.

     "Alec, this is Mrs. Blackwells. She is the archery coach here, she wanted to meet you." I shake her out stretched hand. "Alec, I've heard a lot about you. Did Mr. Gibbs give you my number?" She asks. I see Magnus walk out of the locker room and I smile at him. I turn to Mrs. Blackwells. "Yes, I was going to call last night but I was tied up yesterday with family drama." I take a breath. "I'd love to be apart of the  archery team." She almost starts jumping.

      I shake her hand again and Mr. Gibbs and her walk away chatting. Magnus walks up to me trying to hold back a weird face. "Who was that?" He asks, rocking on his heels. "I just joined the archery team." I say excitedly. He smiles at my enthusiasm. Everyone comes out and instead of everyone playing, Sebastian comes up to the two of us and shoves me. "What is this?" He points at the two of us.

"Its none of your business Sebastian." I spat and glare at him. "I think it is when the two of you think it's okay to walk around and do that kind of shit. You can't go around kissing each other and holding hands, it's repulsive. Two guys can't be together, especially in my school." He says loud enough that a crowd begins to form around the three of us. "Sebastian. I really don't need this right now." I say as calmly as I can.

"No," he pushes me back. "You two fags can't do that." I can feel Magnus grab my arm to pull me back but the crowd is to wild and he can't get through. "It's not your life. It's mine so get out of my way or-" he pulls Magnus and I apart, throwing me to the ground. He doesn't get a punch on me. I don't remember what happens next though when I throw him off of me. I only remember sitting in the locker room with Magnus.

     "Hey hey." He is squatting in front of me, brushing hair out of my eyes. I'm sitting on a locker room bench. His hands are on my thighs. I look at my hands, my knuckles are starting to bruise. "I don't think anyone will make fun of us anymore. I got to hand it to you, you know how to make an impression Alexander." He says, a smiling creeping onto his face. I look at him dumbfounded and confused. "I don't remember what happened," I say and push my hands to my face.

     "And don't tell me. Oh god, don't tell me." I say, my hands mumbling my words a little. Magnus moves my hands from my face and plants a small kiss on my lips, butterflies turn in my stomach. "I won't. No lets go. We are going to show them who's the master now." He says very dramatically. When he stands up he stretches his hand out to me. I pull him onto me, straddling my hips. I kiss him softly and slowly. Neither of us want to pull back, but I do. "We can go now." I tell him when our foreheads are touching.