Chapter 7: Stay at Home

Alec's POV
     Magnus and I spend the day on the couch. I made him a breakfast bake, then for lunch I plan on making chicken noodle soup. After he eats his breakfast, he says he feels much better and I make him eat even more for food measures. He sits on the right side of the couch and I sit on the left while we binge watch season three of How I Met Your Mother. Every so often I catch a glance at him looking at me when I laugh at a joke on the show. "It's not right to laugh at person when they laugh." I say, a little offended.

     "Oh Alexander," he pauses. His voice his back to its intense charm, he swirls his wrists. He continues on, "I am not making fun of you, I actually like your laugh and that is why I keep looking at you." My heart stops, it's like he read my mind. "Oh, I see." I say cautiously. "How's your head?" He asks me, his yellow-eyes intensely staring at me. "It's okay. It's starting to hurt again." I shrug. "I'll get you an ice-pack." He hops up and I hear his feet against the wood floor in the kitchen.

     I rest my head against the left arm rest and pull my feet to my chest, rest of in the fetal position. I hear Magnus come back, I close my eyes, and then I hear him stop. I wait a few seconds and then I feel his hand on my forehead, sweeping the hair from over my eyes. He walks over and sits on the other side of the couch. "Come here." I sit up and look at him. "I'm not going to bite." He adds for clarity, smiling with his eyes. I love that.

     I crawl over in between his legs and lay flat on my back. My head lays on his stomach and he wraps one leg and lays his foot near my shoulder. He rests the ice-pack on my forehead with one hand and runs his free hand through my hair. "Do you want another pill?" He asks softly. "No," I pause. I close my eyes and enjoy his hand playing with my hair. "Just stay with me." I whisper. I feel his heartbeat rise against my ear. "Does your face hurt?" He asks as I feel him graze his knuckles against my bruise on my left side of my face. "No." I answer.

"Good." He whispers. I feel his heartbeat begin to slow. I finally get comfortable, my left arm across my body and my right holds his foot. I pull my phone out of my pocket and see it's only 8:30, so I set my phone alarm for 10:45 so I can make the soup.
************

I am woken up by Magnus running his hands through my hair after my phone goes off. "Hello." He says and adds, "how was your nap?" I smile a little. "Hi, it was good. Do you feel better?" I ask as I look up at him. "Yeah. I like your alarm tone." It is Pillowtalk by Zayn. I lean over slowly and turn it off. I nod as acknowledgement. He continues to slowly run his fingers through my hair and a small sigh comes from my lips unexpectedly. "I'm going to make lunch." I say and stand up quickly.

A little too quickly and I stumble a little. "Alexander, I'll make it. You lay down." He lightly pushes me back and pulls a blanket up my body. He smiles at me before he walks to the kitchen. I turn the tv on to watch the food network channel and watch a girl bake chicken and make some kind of cake. By the time the episode is done Magnus comes back with two bowls. "What is this?" I ask and lean my back against the arm rest. He lays on the other arm rest.

"It's lo mein. My mom taught me how to make it, she is from Asia." He says and crosses his legs to sit Indian style. I look at the sticks in the bowl and each one in a hand. "There are chopsticks. Have you used them before?" He asks. "Is it obvious?" I ask and he laughs. He comes to sit in front of me, still sitting the same way, with the bowl in his lap. I do the same as he does and grab my... chopsticks.

He shows me how to use them by demonstrating in his hands. "Okay. I think I got it" I place one stick in my hand and the other on top. Then I twist it to pick up a noodle, but it ends up falling easily through the gap. Magnus laughs. "It's not funny." I say seriously. "It's okay." He places his own sticks down and places his hand over mine. I can't help but quickly become a deep shade of red. He adjusts my sticks and smiles at me. He raises his hands to me to gesture for me to eat.

I smile at him and look down at my bowl. I poke my chopsticks in the noddles and look at him. He is smiling at me encouragingly. I bite my lip nervously and place my hands on both sides of Magnus's face and pull his lips to mine. Our lips crash against one another and I feel him wrap his arms behind my neck. I move my hands to his hips and slide them up his back until I reach his hair. I let my fingers instinctually glide through the strands until I have to pull back for a breath.

I go in for one more long kiss and then I rest my forehead against his. "We need to talk about this." I whisper. "Because this..." He cuts me off. "Is confusing for you. I know." He plants a soft kiss on my lips. "Let's just enjoy the next few hours together before I have to drive you home. I nod against his forehead as pull away. I eat my lo mein and repetitively think, what just happened? I'm not gay. I can't like Magnus.