Chapter 16: Love and Hate

Magnus's POV
     When I get home from school I just begin to worry. I'm afraid of what is going to happen with Alexander and his family. I don't want to loose him but I don't want his family to hate him. I walk around my whole house- the kitchen, the living room, the bathrooms, the dining room, all 5 bedrooms, outside in the garden, everywhere. I want everything to be okay. I walk back to the kitchen and heat up leftover dragon carrot risotto from dinner. When I worry, I stress eat and I feel it now.

     About a half an hour after I get home, my mom pulls into the driveway. She comes inside and sees me hovering over a bowl of food. "What's wrong? Why are you worrying?" She asks, her tone soft. I point to the freezer and she laughingly rolls her eyes. She's gets two bowls and scoops us out ice cream. "It's Alexander." She immediately puts her hands up. "Is he talking with his family about all that went down last night?" She's good. I nod and take a big spoonful to my lips.

"Well how did it go?" She curiously asks. "I don't know he has-" my phone buzzes. I throw my hands around frantically trying to find my phone. "Hello, darling." I say casually and my mom winks, adding in a thumbs up. "Magnus." I hear him crying. "Alexander, what's wrong?" What happened? "Magnus." He says again before he breaks down entirely. My heart stops and I drop my phone to the floor.

     "What's happening?" My mom asks nervously. I shake my head with wide eyes. She hands me her keys since her car is blocking mine. I bolt to the door and sprint to the car, driving as quickly as possible. Multiple thoughts run through my head. I think about where he would be. He'd be on his way to my house. He would be on- I see him. He's under a tree. Broken down and I can't handle it. He doesn't deserve this.
*************
I can tell Alec isn't asleep. His breathing isn't steady, he's still shaking, he is still drawing circles on my chest. I turn to look at him, his eyes are glued on the wall across from us. I brush the hair from his eyes softly and with my contact, his head leans farther into it. I slowly run my fingers through his hair. "Thank you." He whispers out of nowhere. I kiss his temple and pull him impossibly closer to me.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I ask hesitantly. I feel him tense up with the question, but he tells it anyway. *----*
His tone didn't change throughout the story. He told it very flatly and to the point. I can tell he doesn't want to talk more about it. "Is it okay if I stay here for a while?" He asks. I move him off of me, resting on my one elbow and look down at him. "Of course. I offered for whenever you wanted to stay." I give him a small smile and he nods in a response.

We go back to how we were before and my mom comes in shortly after with some tomato bisque soup. Alec doesn't take one but turns off of me and onto his side, facing away from my mom and I. I give my mom a shake of the head to get out. She gives a very worried look and smiles sadly before leaving, shutting the door behind her. I place the bisque on my nightstand before I move Alec. I place him in front of me, his back to my chest.

I place the bisque on his lap and force him to eat. "I know you're upset Alexander, you need to eat still. If I have to feed you, I will. Even if I have to hold you down." I say and give him another spoonful. I then take the same spoon and slurp some broth. He lays against my back completely, his head resting on my right shoulder. My mouth is level to the top of his head.

"I know. I'm sorry. Here." We hold the spoon together as he guides it to his mouth, faking a smile. I don't know what to do, so I kiss his head. He turns around to face me, wrapping his legs around my waist. He takes my spoon and continues to eat. I can't hold back a smile. "I just want to forget this happened. I want to pretend that this didn't happen today." He whispers when we finish the soup.

     He looks up at me with a question smirk. He moves to sit on my lap, which I have to cross my legs for him to be comfortable. He pulls me into a hug, his fingers sliding up the hair on the back of my head. I rub circles on his back, resting my chin on his shoulders. "I love you Magnus." He says, I could feel his heart skip against my chest. I squeeze him tighter. "I love you Alexander."

     Dinner comes and the three of us sit at the kitchen table and enjoy homemade bruschetta and butter chicken with a rice pilaf. Alec eats slowly, but at least he's eating. We make small talk of school and Alec's "hot archery skills" as I like to call it, this causes a small smile to creep on his lips. When we finish Alec goes immediately to the sink and starts to wash dishes.

I place my hands around his waste, I'm only a little taller than him so I rest my chin against his shoulder. "Washing dishes, your mom cooked. I should clean up?" He asks confused. I turn him to face me and raise my eyebrow. "Alec, I got the dishes. You can Magnus have school tomorrow-" she cuts herself off as I quickly turn around. "Unless, you know. You don't want to go." She says and adds a dumbfounded smile to her appearance. "I have to go, I can't risk dropping my grades." He says and pulls me towards the steps.

He shouts a thank you as we approach the first step. "Ale-" I begin to say when we sit on my bed. "I have to go Magnus, just because my.... just because of everything happening, I can't skip." He says shaking his head. "What are you going to do when you see your sister or Jace." I spit. I make a confused face at him when he doesn't answer. "I don't see them during the day, it will be fine." He promises me. I still have a pout.

     He pecks my lips softly and pulls back. I kiss him again a little harder before he rolls me under him. He kisses a line from my lips to my neck before he begins to nip my skin. For never giving a hickey before, he makes it very erotic. So good even that a moan escapes my lips. He laughs against my neck, pulling back to kiss my lips. "We should get some sleep." He whispers and snuggles up to me.

     I feel his breathing slow down, occasionally a soft snore escapes his throat. I kiss his temple and pulls the blanket up to his shoulders. If I see Jace tomorrow, I swear I will try my best to not kill him. I will try for Alexander but if he dares bring it up, I will punch him so hard his ugly face with be shattered.