Chapter 3: Making A Effort

Start from the beginning

"He's already eaten and everything, are you heading out?" My mom smiled, I nodded at her just as there was a honk outside and I knew it was Cass.

"I'm gonna take Aiden with me, I wont be gone for too long though." I smiled before heading out, grabbing Aiden's carseat on my way out. I strapped him in before climbing into the passenger seat as Cassidy pulled out onto the road.

"So what's up? You seemed excited about getting out of the house." Cassidy smiled looking in the mirror quickly making a face at Aiden who was busy trying to get his foot. I looked at Cassidy and sighed filling her in on everything, on seeing Eric and me and Eric's fight. "Well then."

"Yeah, I don't see why it's such a big deal. It's not like I cheated on him or anything!" I frowned as we pulled into the parking lot. 

"Well once upon a time you did kiss Eric while you were with him." She shrugged getting out as I picked up Aiden quickly putting him into a dinosaur strolled the mall provided.

"Yeah but that was such a long time ago, that was before Aiden was even in the picture." I shrugged browsing threw a rack of ripped skinny jeans.

"If the roles were reversed you'd be nervous too! Like, Ryan can't break the bond between you two and no matter how hard he wishes  at 11:11. But im sure that it would be easier for him to take that in if you didn't lie to him about seeing Eric." She explained.

"I mean, I know I was wrong but... I just didn't want him to think I had done something I hadn't." I frowned.

"You didn't have to lie about it though, I mean he asked you twice. Could've at least told the truth before he called you out on it." She explained holding up a sweater to her body and smiling at me, I gave her the thumbs up sign so she could know I thought it was cute.

"You're right. It's just seeing Eric again, ya know?" I sighed looking down at Aiden as we made out way to the cash register.

"Yeah I know, it could'nt have been easy." She smiled as we grabbed our bags and headed towards the food court. "Especially after all this time."

"Fi Fi!!" Aiden whined wanting a fry I gave him one and smiled turning back to the conversation.

"Yeah, and I didn't even really want to admit I had seen him to myself let alone Ryan. It was like it was a dream and the whole time it was happening I just didn't know how to feel about it." I admitted picking Aiden up and feeding him.

"I wouldn't expect you to know. I mean, he's your mate but Ryan is a amazing guy. We all love him, Aiden sees him as a father, and he loves you." Seh sighed as we stood up throwing away our trays. "Eric in the other hand is a jerk, he abused the privilege of being your mate, and then he rejected you twice."

 After we left the mall I got Cassidy to drop me off at the park so I could try to tired Aiden down a bit for his nap. I smiled lightly pushing him on the baby swing and laughing at his giggle, it was adorable. I was really proud to be Aiden's mother, he was a clever baby and never too grumpy for me to handle. I could tell Aiden was loving the swing, and honestly I didn't mind ppushing him on it. I pulled it to a hault as my cellphone rang though, the number was unfamiliar.

"Hello, you've got Adalaid Wolfe here." I smiled picking Aiden up out of the swing and carrying him over to the merry-go-round slowly pushing it with my foot as I held him in my lap.

"Hey, it's Eric. I sort of got your number from my mom and dad, sorry if that bothers you." He said quietly and I could tell he was nervous about calling me. I couldn't think of the last time, if there ever was one, when Eric called me.

""Um, no it's fine. What's up?" I smiled to myself secretly excited he'd even bothered to call me.

"I was wondering what you were doing today. I mean, if it's not too much to ask I would've liked to meet up." He said and I smiled knowing I was the reason he was so nervous and worked up.