The Vamp's Girl [19]

Start from the beginning

"Not at all Princess April." He bowed to me, taking my hand and gently touching it to his forehead before he stood up straight. "Welcome to Tempress." he said with a vast gesture of his hands, I stared at his face for a moment, it remained expressionless.

"We shall be on our way, Master Zebenth." Knight D said taking my hand and pulling me away, my eyes flickered to Mara's for a moment, a subtle frown settled on her face and her eyes flickered with a sense of jealousy. As Knight D pulled me away from them, I felt the warm gentle tingles ring through my arms.

"Who were they?" I asked as he continued to pull me, as the words left my mouth he stopped in his tracks and I gently bumped into his back. I took a step back as he let go of my hand and turned to face me. I looked into his eyes searching for the answer but his amber eyes swirled with confusion.

"Master Zebenth, the presiding ruler of Tempress." He said staring down at me, I continued waiting for him to continue.

"And Mara?" I asked him, he blinked and the emotionless mask consumed his face once more.

"My ex fiancé." He finished, before I could open my mouth to say something he took my hand and pulled me down into a dirt road, "You'll love this." he murmured as we continued to trek through the night. It kind of made sense, those weird emotionless looks that she was giving me, there were hints of jealousy in her eyes as she glanced at me.

Why did they break up?

Don’t ask me, you might want to ask Knight D that...

Did you see those looks she gave me?

My thoughts came to halt as I looked up and I gasped.

We stood at the edge of a cliff facing the city of Tempress, beautiful trees and birds brought streams of colour through the night sky and each building seemed to reflect the colours of the illuminating plants causing a stream of coloured stars to appear in the sky.

“Wow...it’s so beautiful.” I said, my heart soared with the colours in the sky and a great smile played on my lips. It was just so beautiful.

“Yes...you are very beautiful.” My mind was so focussed on the sky, it was beautiful, I took a step too forward and fell forward off the cliff face. I let out a screetch and reflectively grabbed the closest thing to me, which was Knight D. I pulled his arm and as my body was already in motion I ended up pulling him with me off the cliff.

I closed my eyes in pure fear and pulled myself into Knight D’s arms, burrying my face into his chest as we hurdled towards the ground. ‘Please, please, please’ my thoughts cried, I felt Knight D’s strong arms close over me and hold me tightly.

Then I felt it. The soft impact of our bodies hitting the ground, a whimper escaped my lips as I felt my arm scratch against something as we rolled against trees and braches, my body seemed mostly protected by Knight D who was holding me closely. We finally came to a stop and I slowly blinked my eyes open.

Knight D’s face was inches from mine, I felt his soft breath on my face as my arms were supporting him as he seemed to staddle me. His eyes dazed for a moment before they foccussed on me completely. I held my breath as I stared into Knight D’s eyes, it was then that I saw it. The mystery vanished from Knight D’s eyes for a moment and it was like looking into his soul. I knew him for who he was, the mystery and the questions that I thought about him disappeared as we lay on the ground.

“If I may...” His voice brought me back to reality, the mystery clouding his eyes again, the husky, soft voice of Knight D sending little thrills up my spine, causing my leg to brush against his slightly.