Chapter 15: Meet The Parents

I glanced out the window, my mind was anywhere but here. The events of the past couple days have caused me to feel very stressed. It was like I was being puled a hundred different ways at one time, it was horrid. I laid back on my bed allowing a loud sigh to come out of my mouth, I was not ready for this. I had never met his parents, would they like me? Would they expect me to be smart? What if they didn't like me because I wasn't as sharp witted as they were? I was tempted to take my pillow and scream into it to express both my frustration and to alleviate me of this stress. Lately, Sherlock had really been acting up, probably because he wants something interesting to do but still, it sometimes was hard to deal with him. I pulled out my laptop wanting to talk to either a close friend or a family member. I clicked my moue on Skype, hoping that someone was on and wanted to talk. Scrolling through my contacts, I looked to see who was online. A small smile appeared on my face as my mother was online, I quickly clicked the call button waiting for her to answer. Sadly, she didn't answer and went offline seconds after I called her. I felt worse then I did before, tears threatened to fall down my face when suddenly there was a knock on my door. "Come in" I mumbled sitting up. I watched to see who was coming in through my door, to my surprise it was John. He smiled warmly at me as he walked in.
"Hey Gwen." He smiled.
"Hello" I said with a slight smile.
"You seem kinda stressed out, are you okay?"
" I am alright even though I'm very stressed. Plus, Sherlock is being a huge pain in the butt lately" I sighed knowing he would understand exactly what I was saying. John chuckled, a smile appearing on his face.
"He can be like that. Would you be interested in a girls day out with Mary today?" He asked with a small nervous grin. I sighed softly, thinking about it. I had been cooped up with two boys in a house for a week or two. I needed some girl time, even if it was with someone I hardly knew
"I would love to! I have to be back around six because I'm having dinner with Sherlock's parents" I said standing up.
"Great! She will be over in a half a hour" John said shutting the door as he left. I smiled going through my clothes to try and pick something to wear. I put on a loose long sleeve aquamarine shirt with gold buttons down the front, with black leggings and black studded combat boots. I sightly curled my hair and put a little bit of makeup on my face. I walked down the stairs and went into the main flat room, Mary was already inside talking to John. She was a short woman, with short blonde hair and a round face. She was absolutely stunning and seemed like a very sweet person. I watched her carefully making sure that there was nothing that set me off about her.
"Ah, there she is. Mary meet Gwen" John said smiling. Mary smiled at me, her eyes lighting up in surprise as she saw me.
"Wow! It's a pleasure to meet you, I've heard so much about you" she said extending her hand to shake my own. I smiled and shook her hand.
" Same to you" I smiled.
She laughed softly,
"I'm glad we can have a girls night, being around the boys can be so boring" she giggled.
"You're telling me sister" I said laughing along with her. Sherlock walked in the room, he was still in his pjs.
"You didn't tell me Mary was coming over" he said sleepily. His eyes flickered at me, a quizzical look appearing on his face.
"Yeah, Gwen and Mary are going to go out for a girls night" John said. I chuckled as Mary and I got going, we walked out the door and to my car.
"Would you like to go shopping?" Mary asked smiling at me. I nodded,
"Just tell me the way" I grinned. I really liked Mary she was a very nice girl.
"So what's it like living with the boys?" She asked as I drove down Baker street.
I chuckled softly,
"Well, if I would describe it in three words I would say. Insane, interesting and never boring" I said with a smile. She giggled
"Oh, I believe every word you say, John even says he feels like that" Mary said. She gave me directions to a few shopping places and I pulled up and parked at the little square of shopping places.
"So I have to meet Sherlock's parents today, what should I wear?" I asked. Mary looked thoughtful before a kind smile appeared on her face.
"Perhaps we can find you something to wear here" she said giggling. This reminded me of my high school years, when my life was relatively normal. We went into dress stores and looked around, when I finally found a navy blue dress with blue and gold heels and some jewelry that matched. To my surprise, this has been one of the most enjoyable days I've had in a while. I feel like Mary and I would be great friends. She thanked me for spending the day with her when I dropped her back off at her house. I drove back to the flat, feeling a happy aurora coming off of me. Everything from this morning had fell of my shoulders and remained in the back of my mind. I walked back in the flat glancing at the clock. It was about 5 o'clock sharp. John looked up from his laptop, he must be blogging about something that had happened when I was gone.
"You look a lot happier then before" he said with a smile.
"I am! I absolutely love Mary she's super sweet, shes a great girl. " I said with a grin.
"Well remember shes mine" He said with a playful wink. I rolled my eyes and chuckled lightly. I walked up stairs to go get ready, pulling off my other clothes and slipping on my new dress, it was strapless with a sweetheart neckline. It was a tight fit to my body but not to tight, I went to go put a bit more makeup on. I put on my heels and a little bit of red lipstick before putting my jewelry on. I let out a sight, nervous butterflies were flitting around in my stomach. I walked down the stairs, being very careful not to all down them. Sherlock was ready, he wore a purple button down that was stretched tightly across his chest, it looked like the buttons would pop off. He looked pretty darn handsome. I walked over to him, attempting to push down this nervous feeling. His greenish blue eyes looked at me, I smirked at him as he looked me over.
"Enjoying the view Mr.Holmes" I teased poking his chest . Sherlock smiled slightly.
"Indeed I am, it's not everyday I get to see you all dressed up" he said putting a arm over my shoulder. I chuckled despite how nervous I was.
"Bye John we will be back later" I said as we walked out the door.
" Don't stay out too late, and no funny business you two" John teased.
He held the door open for me as I got into the car. He sat in the drivers side, and started to drive towards where we would be meeting his parents. I watched the scenery outside, attempting not to freak out but apparently I was failing.
"Don't be nervous Gwen." he said placing a hand in mine and holding it tightly. I smiled slightly and squeezed his hand softly. We drove up to a huge house on the outskirts of town, my mouth drooped when I saw it.
"You never told me you were rich" I said as we drove up to the driveway.
"My parents are rich" he said before getting out of the car. He walked over to the passenger side and opened the door for me. I smiled at him. " thanks" I said softly. We walked up to the big door of his parents house, I felt beyond nervous. Would they like me? Would I be enough for them? Would they not like me? I thought to myself. A man answered the door, he had dark hair a large nose and stunning cheekbones. This must be his father, I thought as his blue eyes looked at us.
"Hello son, this must be Gwen. Mycroft has told us about you. Please come inside" his deep voice said as he stood to the side. There was classical music playing in the background, I looked around the house. It was huge there were artifacts and little trinkets from all over the world adorned on the walls.
"It's a pleasure to meet you Mr.Holmes" I said offering a hand to shake.
"Please, call me Alfred dear. There's no need to be formal" he said shaking my hand. Sherlock shut the door behind him, sighing softly.
"Alfred, are they here yet" a feminine voice shouted.
"Yes, honey they just got here" Alfred responded.
"Follow me " he said as he started walking down a hallway. I followed him, Sherlock trailing right behind me. I could feel the heat radiating off of his chest. I felt a slight flush appearing on my face as we walked into the dining room. The table was huge and food occupied almost every space on the table.
"Oh goodness! You're more lovely then I imagined. She's beautiful Sherlock " a woman said with a smile.
"I'm Violet Holmes, pleasure to meet you." She said hugging me and kissing me on the cheek then going to hug her son. Sherlock looked shocked at first before hugging her back as a smile appeared on his face but then vanished like it normally did.
It's a pleasure to meet you to Mrs.Holmes" I smiled.
"Please sit down" she smiled looking at me again. I sat down at the table smiling warmly.
"So I hear you are a FBI agent, what's it like?" Violet asked.
"You tend to find out a lot of things you shouldn't know, it's fun but at times can be frightening" I said with a smile.
"Did Sherlock ever mention he wanted to be a pirate when he was younger" Alfred laughed. I giggled
"No, he never informed me of that" I said laughing. I smiled warmly.
" What great manners she has!" Violet exclaimed with a grin.
"Pretty and well mannered. A lot better then that boy he was living with" Alfred said with a laugh.
"Dad, I've told you Im not gay" Sherlock said rubbing one of his temples.
"Well thats obvious dear, You have a lovely fiancé sitting right next to you!" Alfred grinned.
"Did Sherlock ever invite you to our wedding?" I asked softly. Alfred chuckled shaking his head,
"No,but we did get your invitations" he said with a smile. The rest of the night was very enjoyable, we talked ate and had a good time. I personally loved Sherlock's parents, I just hope they would like mine.

An: I hoped you guys liked this chapter! I felt like I needed to update this book since I've been updating all the others. Thank you once again for all the reads and support! It seriously means the world to me! Also the 1.1K reads blew my mind! Thank you! -Nicole