Chapter 1

Next Door Neighbor

Hi I'm Tris! It is summer and i ended the school year yesterday but i still couldn't sleep due to the sound of noisy moving trucks on my use to be quite block. It was my "new neighbors" moving in next door. I haven't seen who moved there yet, but i really didn't care about anything but sleep right now. Until i smell a chocolatey smell coming from downstairs. It was moms brownies! U rush down the stairs getting closer to the sweet, heavenly smell. "Oh Tris can you take these to the next door neighbors when they cool?" My mom says as i frown. I got up for nothing. "Sure, why not." I say grumpily. I walk up the stairs and slather on some make- up and put on my green day tank top and ripped black skinny jeans with my black converse. I half brush my hair. Ok, i think, I'll go. As i walk up to the door i knock, nervous to who i would meet. I here a rustle and a lady about my moms age comes to the door. "Oh my aren't u a darling. Hi I'm mrs. Clifford." She says sweetly. "Oh, I'm your next door neighbor. My mom made you some brownies." I say smiling brightly. "Oh well how nice of you....um..." She paused not knowing my name."Oh I'm a Tris Louise Temps." I say popping the p. "Ok Tris, thank u they are really nice." She said smiling wide. "Oh and tell your mom sweetheart that I'm inviting u over for dinner at 5:00 pm tonight if u can make it. My husband won't be home but he's almost never home anyway. Business stuff. Ok?" "Ok I'm sure we can make it." I had to be honest, i didn't have anything better to do. So i went home and reported to mom and she said we would be able go make it.