XXXIV: Breaking Point

Sasuke Uchiha

I can't let her leave: that was the first thought that went through my mind at her words. I watched her movements closely, water dripping from her skin and clothes, as I could still see the faint marks of the injuries that were on her skin.

She was walking away from me.

I was behind her in an instant, gripping her hot and wet wrist as she stopped in her tracks.

Miyako turned her head slowly, her eyes dull of life.

She looked drained, as if the life had been sucked out of her.

And it was. Her life was being sucked out of her slowly. Its funny, you'd think that she's grown weaker ever since she used that forbidden jutsu the first time. But instead its having the opposite effect, her strength growing. And then it would explode, and she would most likely lose control.

I wasn't there when it happened the first time, but I was when it happened the second time.

I watched what Orochimaru had inserted into her body to slow down the process that second time I had witnessed it; he had given her his own blood every hour for a week straight. The treatment was so complicated that I hadn't seen her for two weeks after it had happened.

And in turn he took in her own poisoned blood into his system, eating away at his body. Another reason he had grown so weak and pathetic.

I was still surprised Miyako didn't shed a single tear at her father's death. Even though he took her in for his own selfish reasons, he did care for her more than she thought. Every time we trained, he would always talk about her unmatchable strength, her unbeatable power. He praised her. Everything he did, he did so cautiously to keep a careful eye on Miyako and to protect her.

I just want to be there when she finally breaks down.

"I can't let you leave." I finally said after a long moment of staring her down.

Her eyebrow shot up. "You were literally just urging me to." She said in disgust.

"Leaving in the vulnerable state you are right now will result in you being abducted. I can't let that happen."

"Since when do you care?"

She was right. When did I care about what happens to her?

"You are a part of the Hebi."

"I couldn't give two shits. Just give me the damn truth."

"I need you. You are an important part of this team." I spoke lowly as I turned her around so her body was now facing me.

"I don't believe you." She spat. I could see the confusion in her bloodshot, swollen eyes.

I clenched my teeth in frustration.

"Your father is dead. If you weren't with me right now, you would be alone. Be thankful that I took you with me."

She pressed her hands against my chest, shoving me back. And just like that all the emotion disappeared from her face and was replaced by anger.

"Don't bring that bastard up around me." She spoke through clenched teeth, her voice shaking in anger.

I almost smirked. Perhaps this is the moment when she'll break down soon.

"You know, Miyako. You really are a heartless person. Not even shedding a single tear at Orochimaru's death."

"You have no right to-"

"You know, everything he did, he did for you. Yes, he took you in for his own selfish reasons. But you really were the only person he cared for."

"Shut up!" She snapped, eyes glinting in rage.