XIV: Father and Daughter

Miyako

I felt his presence before I entered the room.

I still laid there, unmoving, my wrists and ankles chained to the walls. Knowing Kabuto, he made sure that this was impossible for me to get out of.

"Why, don't you sure look comfortable, darling." Father spoke in his insolent, annoying tone.

"Its time you and I have a real conversation, Father." I said in a serious tone, not wanting to waste time.

"Hmm."

"Tell me the truth, Orochimaru. Why am I here?"

"Why wouldn't you be here?" He shot back with a question.

"I'm serious. You've kept me around for no apparent reason, and you seem to not need me for anything special unless when it comes to a tough enemy, which you automatically throw me in to kill. I assumed you need me because you need me to slay your enemies for you. But that's not the exact reason now, is it? You have Kabuto do most of your dirty work for you, and now, Sasuke. So tell me, Father. Why am I here?"

"Because you are my most treasured creation."

"Tch. All you did was stuff a whole bunch of shit into me to make me the merciless killing machine I am now." I muttered in annoyance.

"Part of that is true."

I frowned. "What?"

"You already had the lightning, wind, and water elements when I captured you as a little girl. Your fire element is what I inserted into your body, along with the earth element which you still have yet to master. My intention was to never make you a failed test subject for my reanimation jutsu. It was to retract the beast sealed inside of you."

"Please don't tell me I have one of the tailed beasts inside of me."

"No, don't worry darling. If you did, the Akatsuki would either be pursuing you right now, or they would have already taken you."

"Speaking of the Akatsuki, you used to be in that organization if I remember correctly, isn't that right?" I asked.

"Yes."

"Why did you leave?" I wondered.

"Because I got bored."

I scoffed. Yeah right.

"You probably left because you weren't able to get what you wanted."

"But now I do. You."

I let out an amused laugh.

"I'm serious, darling. You have no idea how important that beast inside of you is."

"You literally just said that I don't have one of the tailed beasts inside me."

"You don't. You have something else inside you, something far more powerful than any of the tailed beasts."

"So. You keep me here because of the monster inside me?" I asked, trying to not sound hurt by his words.

"Yes, my dear. Although, your own powers are something to not be challenged. I figured I'd take you under my wing to not only protect you from the Akatsuki, but to also train you and watch you grow in your powers."

"But now I'm stronger than you."

"Correct."

Hmm.