I: Sasuke's New Toy

"You're late."

Sasuke's low and impatient voice woke me up from my slumber as I shifted slightly on the snake's nose, not bothering to open my eyes since I could feel the presence of Father, along with Kabuto's presence, and a new one. That bastard Orochimaru probably brought Sasuke a play thing to explode all his emotions on.

I swear, sometimes Father spoils Sasuke more than he does me.

"Am I mistaken, or weren't you supposed to be here to help me hone a new jutsu this afternoon, Orochimaru?"

I rolled my eyes. Impatient and rude as ever. That's what amused me so much about him; he was so straight forward to Father. It's calming to find someone that treats Orochimaru similar to the way I always do.

"There's that insolent tone again." Kabuto pointed out.

"Try not to be too upset. I thought we'd do something different today, so I brought along a little present for you."

I shifted in my position, facing my body towards them, still yet to open my eyes. Based off of this new presence, my assumptions were correct. It was to be Sasuke's new toy.

"He's a Leaf Shinobi, just like you. I thought you two might like to get together and reminisce. Swap stories of home."

Tsk tsk tsk, Father. You're just teasing Sasuke now. What are you doing, fool. Are you seriously trying to get him more angry, more than he is with you right now?

It was silent for a few moments after that, as I assumed that Sasuke was eyeing his new chew toy to see his deal.

"Hmph."

"So, I presume you're Sasuke Uchiha? My name is Sai-"

"Get lost." Sasuke interrupted him rather rudely.

And the dude even sounded nice!

Geez. Sasuke really pisses me off.

I snapped my eyes open at that moment, meeting Father's amused glint in his eyes as he watched me curiously.

I rolled my eyes, moving my gaze down to the idiot Uchiha, scooting my body closer to the edge of the snake so I could see him.

"Loosen up a bit, stiff. No wonder you have no friends." I teased. But in reality, I meant it.

"You get lost too, Miyako." He said, although this time more rudely to me than he did to Sai.

I clenched my teeth together in bitter annoyance as I glared at the stupid Uchiha's head.

"I was here first, princess!" I snapped at him. I grinned when I saw him tense at the word princess.

But then I met Father's warning expression as I sighed, relaxing myself back down, shutting my eyes. It was pointless to get more worked up than I already had over that intrusive Uchiha.

"It seems I'm the sort of person that people don't like right away, even if I wear a smile... Naruto took an instant disliking towards me, as well." Sai spoke, his tone void of any emotion.

I opened my eyes slightly, my gaze landing on the Leaf shinobi named Sai. Alright. Maybe he is a bit annoying now, but he didn't seem too bad at first.

Especially mentioning Naruto around Sasuke... Bad move on Sai's part.

"However, I have a funny feeling that you and I will get along better than I did with him."

That tipped him.

Another thing I found amusing about Sasuke. It was so easy and so fun to make him angry. Well, he's angry all the time... Its fun to make him more angry than he already is.

My eyes widened as Sai began to look around him nervously, before the look of fear suddenly crossed his expression.

And then he fell on his butt.

"Sasuke!" Kabuto snapped.

Sai was annoying. But Sasuke is more annoying.

I forced myself to leap of the snake and land inches in front of Sasuke, flicking my hair back as I narrowed my eyes as at him in warning.

Sasuke widened his eyes slightly before ending his dramatic performance of a temper tantrum in the form of using his sharingan on poor Sai, narrowing his eyes at me in return.

I gave him an amused smile before I moved well out of the way and back on to the snake, shutting my eyes as I tried to relax once again.

"Its probably not a good idea to provoke Sasuke too much. He's even more difficult than I am." Father told Sai.

I sighed in annoyance. True, provoking Sasuke is like wishing for your death. But yet again, Father, there is me too, who is even worse than that spoiled brat!!!

"I don't care about this guy. Come on, Orochimaru. Let's go."

"I've heard a lot about you. From Naruto."

I shook my head. There goes Sai again, mentioning Naruto.

"It seems he's been searching for you all this time. For three years now."

Aww. How romantic. Sasuke and Naruto should totally get together after this. I'd definitely come to their wedding!

"I remember someone like that." Sasuke said. I scoffed. What a child.

"Orochimaru, let's go." Sasuke demanded.

"You mean a great deal to Naruto. He thinks of you as a brother. At least, that's what Sakura told me." Sai continued on.

He's annoying. But I admire his boldness for continuing to try and become friendly with Sasuke, when in fact, for Sasuke, its doing just the opposite.

"As far as brothers go, I have only one. The one that I must kill."

Seriously. What a drama queen.

"Miyako. Are you coming or not?"

"Not." I snapped.

And with that, I felt his presence disappear from the room.

Tch. That annoying idiot. I'm surprised I hadn't killed him yet.

"I'll be leaving you now as well." I heard Father speak from the other side of the room.

"Here. Take this, Kabuto. I want a bingo book made out of its contents."

"Right."

"Miyako, darling." He called out.

"Shut up. I'm trying to sleep." I snapped.

Father chuckled. "I expect you to be more pleasant to our new friend than Sasuke was. Understand, child?"

"Yes, Father." I spat his name like it was poison on my tongue.

"Good.. Kabuto, I'll leave everything up to you."

And with that, the clicking of my Father's feet could be heard as he made his way out of the room.

After that, I didn't bother to strain my ear to listen to what Kabuto was mumbling about, but instead chose to allow myself to get lost in the bliss of heavenly sleep.