XXIX: Preparations

"But killing Orochimaru took special skill. Who did it?"

"Sasuke Uchiha." The Leader of the Akatsuki replied.

Itachi stood unfazed at the mention of his little brother's name.

"I was gonna be the one to bring Orochimaru down."

"Hmm. He's good. I'd expect nothing less from your kid brother, Itachi." Kisame said.

"He's gathering members.. Really troublesome ninja. One of them is a girl I've never seen or heard of before." Zetsu spoke.

"Hmm? What do you mean?" Kisame wondered.

"You know them well too. One of the Hozuki Brothers of the Hidden Mist."

"You mean Suigetsu? That brings back memories!" Kisame said in excitement.

"And also bipolar Jugo. So be on your guard, Itachi, Kisame.. I dare say they're targeting you two.

And the rest of you keep Sasuke Uchiha in mind. After getting information about Itachi and Kisame, they just may come after the Akatsuki." Pain said.

"And the unfamiliar girl Zetsu mentioned." Deidara wondered.

"Zetsu. I'll leave you in charge of her. Watch her every move. See what her role is in Sasuke Uchiha's group." Pain said.

"Yes sir."

"Kisame, what kind of guy is he.. This Suigetsu, hm?" Deidara asked.

"It happened ten years ago.. He had such a cute smile. A child prodigy whose been called the reincarnation of the demonic Zabuza."

"Hmm. They seem like an interesting lot." Deidara said.

"Hey! Don't get too interested! And just leave me out of it!" Tobi said.

"Never mind that already. Do not get to close to Sasuke's group. We know of their individual abilities, but the girl Zetsu spoke of. We know nothing of her so far. And it just so happened that she emerged from the aftermath of Orochimaru's death. Keep your distance until I confront her myself. Now, Itachi and Kisame, hurry up and get the Four Tails." Pain said.

"Understood."

-

"What is your relationship with Sasuke?"

I glanced to my left, seeing Karin look down at me with a displeased expression, arms crossed. She looked down on me like I was a pathetic little being.

I rose an eyebrow. "Can't we talk about something more interesting?"

She scowled at me.

I rolled my eyes as I sighed. "Fine then. I'll take that as a no. Now, get out of my face." I said with a flick of my wrist.

"Listen up, princess. Orochimaru is dead. Which means you no longer-"

"Don't you dare bring up that bastard of a Father in front of me." I said in a calm and low tone.

"Then quit acting like-"

I was in front of he face in an instant, glaring at her as I worked my magic on my fear inducement jutsu.