XIII: Scheme

"Lord Orochimaru. Miyako requests your presence." Kabuto said, his expression looking tired.

Orochimaru smirked. "Has she worn you out, Kabuto?"

Kabuto blinked a few times as he adjusted his glasses. Sasuke stood up slowly a distance away, brushing the dirt off his clothing as he struggled to catch.

"Women tend to do that. Especially my daughter. But very well. Can't keep her waiting too long."

"Wait. What about my training?!" Sasuke pointed out in an annoyed tone. He loathed how Miyako interrupted his training every time without fail for the most selfish and stupid reasons ever; most of the time it was just to piss Sasuke off.

"Why don't you show Kabuto what you've learned today? I shouldn't be that long." Orochimaru said with an amused grin before leaving in a puff of smoke.

"So, Sasuke, why don't yo-"

"No." Sasuke interrupted Kabuto, forming his lips into a tight line as he shut his eyes in irritation.

"Fine." Kabuto said with a smirk. "Let's talk about Miyako."

"What about that brat?"

"I hope you are well aware that she will betray us one day."

Sasuke's eyes widened slightly.

"Yeah. So what." He said monotonously.

"I'm just making sure you won't make the same mistakes she will."

"Tch. Why are you telling me this?"

"I hope you know where your loyalty lies, Sasuke. Because Miyako's lies with Naruto."

A pulse of rage filled Sasuke at the mention of Naruto's name.

"Naruto?! She doesn't even know him."

"They have met a few times. Miyako has come across Naruto on a few of his missions a few years ago."

"Why didn't she kill him then?" Sasuke wondered. Miyako was like the symbol of a merciless demon to him. He found it strange that she didn't kill Naruto the minute she found out who he was.

"Because she admires him. If she joins forces with Naruto, which I have no doubt that she will, then we will have gained a far worse enemy than the Akatsuki."

Sasuke narrowed his eyes at Kabuto.

"Then I'll just have to kill her before she does that."

Kabuto shook his head at Sasuke's comment.

"Miyako's power goes far beyond than what the Akatsuki can handle. Have you ever wondered why Orochimaru left the Akatsuki?"

Sasuke was silent as the realization slowly flooded into him.

"That's right. Because of Miyako. He didn't want them discovering her power, which back then I didn't know was the power of the spirit inside of her, so he left the Akatsuki to protect her. Well, you simply cannot just leave the Akatsuki, which is why-"

"Yeah. I know." Sasuke said.

"If Miyako joins Naruto, which there is a high chance that she will, then the Akatsuki won't ever be able to lay a finger on Naruto because he has gained the strongest protection ever. But when they find out about Miyako, then every single one of them will go after her. They won't be able to kill her, which is impossible, but they can weaken her drastically to the point where they will abduct her.

That isn't only bad for Naruto's side, but it is bad for us also. After they discover the extent of her power, they will use her as a weapon to get rid of all their enemies. And number one on their list is Lord Orochimaru."

Sasuke's teeth clenched as realized how much of a threat Miyako would be to his plan. If what Kabuto said was true, which he knew it was, then he would never get his revenge, not with all of the Akatsuki appearing. He wouldn't be able to kill Itachi. And if they succeeded in taking her, then his dream of taking revenge would be impossible.

But he also wondered about Miyako. Orochimaru and Kabuto spoke so highly of her, yet Sasuke believed he hadn't seen the full extent of her power yet. Yes, he almost got killed by the thing locked away inside of her, but what troubled him is that Kabuto said that she was impossible to kill.

If she can be so easily suppressed than how come she is impossible to kill?

It must have been the experiments performed on her.

Or maybe its the spirit inside of her. After I had struck her with the chidori, the spirit emerged in an instant, healing her wounds.

But apparently not all the way since Miyako is in recovery right now. Perhaps the spirit healed only the physical appearance of her injuries, but her eyesight, hence her power of visual jutsu were not. And her chakra network was also damaged from chidori.

My chidori had come a long way ever since Kakashi taught it to me. If it could do this amount of damage to Miyako, I wondered what it could do to shinobi of lower rank from her.

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Because I need you to change her mind."

Sasuke narrowed his eyes at Kabuto, shooting him a vexed glare.

"What makes you think I can change her mind? Every time we come across each other we manage to fight. There's no point in getting through that hard head of hers."

"Exactly. You're just like her. Which is why you are the perfect person to change her mind."

"Tch. No thanks." Sasuke turned to walk off but Kabuto appeared in front of him, a frown on his face.

"She is indecisive into where her loyalty lies. It doesn't lie with Lord Orochimaru, and she is determined to protect Naruto at whatever cost if we try to harm him. Miyako would play a key role in getting your revenge, since she is the only one alive that can deflect the Sharingan's power. So make her loyal to you. She will be of great use to your aspirations."

He does have a point.

"That would require patience, which I do not have, especially with the likes of her." Sasuke stated.

"She is like the female version of you, Sasuke. If you are patient with her, then she will be patient with you in return. Get as close to her as you can, gain her trust. Only then will her loyalty turn to you."

Its like befriending your worst enemy.

I can't believe I'm doing this.

Sasuke shut his eyes, letting out a sigh of defeat.

"Fine. I'll do it."

I'll probably regret this decision later.

Kabuto grinned in triumph.

"When Lord Orochimaru completes his reincarnation, she will have no choice but to be loyal to him also."

"You expect me to turn her loyalty to me in this short period of time?"

"Yes. Lord Orochimaru is counting on her to be loyal to him, which she obviously is not, by the time of the reincarnation."

"Why is her loyalty so important to him?" Sasuke asked in irritation.

But Kabuto only sneered.

"You'll see."