XX: Last Words

A few days had passed since my encounter with Yuukimaru, and I couldn't shake off this uncomfortable feeling in the pit of my stomach that had formed then.

I tried to ignore it many times, but the feeling was at its worst when I slept.

Which is why I refused to sleep.

I knew Orochimaru sensed my uneasiness buried within my stubbornness, but he chose to let it slide instead of worrying about me since he was so focused on doomsday.

I dipped my foot in the underground hot spring, sinking slowly into the water as it licked away at my skin. It burned, it was almost too hot, but the sensation felt good against my skin.

The wide space was thick with mist as I relaxed into the water, using this time to clear my head.

I hadn't seen Sasuke yet. He was probably with Orochimaru, making last minute preparations for the doomsday.

The closer that day approached, the more worried I grew.

I didn't know why. This is what Orochimaru wanted. This is what Sasuke wanted.

But this isn't what I wanted.

Miyako..

My eyes shot open as I jumped up to my feet, wobbling to regain my balance. I cupped my eye with my hand when I felt a burning single water droplet enter my eye.

Except I wasn't in the hot spring anymore, and clothed in my usual black attire.

Shiroryuu's bubbling, white, chakra filled face was pressed against the tall metal bars, her eyes glinting and wide in curiousity.

"Stop bringing me here." I said in annoyance.

I am concerned about you. Her huge yet soothing voice echoed out.

"Of course you are." I muttered, crossing my arms.

We share one mind. I can hear your thoughts. Feel your emotions.

I rolled my eyes. "You're a nuisance."

I can help you protect him, Miyako.

"I have no clue what you're talking about." I said with narrowed eyes.

Sasuke Uchiha.

"Sasuke... He doesn't need protection. He can handle myself." That's true. That brat is a beast.

You and I will both get what we want.

"You have no idea what I want!" I snapped.

Oh but I do, Miyako. More than you know.

"Then what is it that I want, Almighty Shiroryuu?" I mocked.

Freedom.

Freedom?

All your life you've been controlled for the selfish ambitions of people.

"How the hell would you know?! You've been dormant inside me until recently."

And during all that time I witnessed your entire life through dreams and visions as I slept.

My entire life?

"You... You saw everything?"

Yes, my child.

Oh my god.