Chapter 5

I sat on my bathroom floor, crying my eyes out from the pain. Nothing was working to make the pain go away. No painkillers, no ointment, nothing.

I checked on my phone to look at the time.

I had two hours until I get ready for school.

I struggled to get up on my feet. Sleeping on the floor for almost five hours isn't exactly the most comfortable thing in the world.

I felt a sharp pain in my arm and immediately grabbed it. This feeling was absolutely miserable.

I opened the door and peeked outside to see if anyone was out there.

"Mom! You there?" I yelled out.

No response.

I sighed. Where could she be?

I went into my room and laid down on my bed hoping to get a few hours of sleep before I had to wake up. But I don't think that was happening.

I heard a car door close outside. Being the curious person I am I checked to see who it was.

Natsu?

Why is he up so early?

He was loading paintings into his truck.

I wonder what he plans to do with those.

But right now I don't have time to think I need to get some sleep before school or I'm going to be miserable.

As I was attempting to fall asleep I caught myself smiling and thinking about him.

I probably shouldn't do that. He could have a girlfriend or something, and I'm not trying to be one of those "homewreckers."

But I couldn't help it.

He was so nice to me, he bought me dinner, and most importantly...

He called me his friend.

I smiled. The thought of having a friend made my stomach turn in knots. What do friends do? Is there like a special handbook or instruction manual?

"Ten ways to make friends."

"The survival guide to friendship."

It felt weird honestly. You know, having someone actually want to be my friend.

But, all I can do is try my best to be the best friend I can be.

The annoying sound of my alarm clock woke me up, making me want to throw it against the wall.

"Why cant the world just stop for a day so I can get some sleep?" I covered my face with the pillow.

The alarm kept going off.

"Dammit!" I smacked my hand on the clock, turning it off.

I lifted my head, revealing my horrendous bed head. All the memories flooded back into my mind, causing a migraine to invade my head. I checked my arm to see that the swelling was almost gone but the pain and bleeding was still there.

"Today already sucks." I whispered under my breath. I walked into the bathroom and did all my morning rituals.

I threw on my hoodie, making sure I put it on carefully, trying not to bother my arm and checked the clock.

I had three minutes to get to my stop.

I heard the bus honk, indicating that it was time to start running to my bus stop.

I ran and I ran until I finally reached the bus, "I'm here! I'm here!" The bus driver gave me the side eye and rolled her eyes.

Rude much?