Perplexity

As soon as I got to school, I waited for Maria to arrive to tell her the news. She's probably going to hate him even more than ever now.. but he's hurting me and she needs to know about it. A few minutes later I looked around to find someone looking at me which was.... Austin. Great. I took a deep breath and acted as if I never saw him there, I turned to face the gate and saw Maria walking up to me.

"Hey Becks, how's it going?" She asks.

"Not good, man... I have to tell you someth-" I was cut off by Camila walking up to us with Dana.

"Hey, if you're wondering about what people have been saying, it's true. I did sleep with Austin last night and may I add it was amazing!" She shrieks. Maria's face grew red and looked at him across from where we stood. I held my tears back,

"That's gross." I looked at Camila with a grossed out expression on my face.

"Hey, when you've had your first time, you'll have a different opinion." She says sticking out her tongue a bit.

"Eh, I don't know. I'm not going to lose mine anytime soon." I said.

"Well, I only did it to prove to him that I love him." She says with a smile on her face. It went silent for a few minutes until she said,

"I'm going to let my friends know what happened, they want to hear all the details. I'll see you girls later!" She walks away and I look back onto the ground.

"Rebbeca... is that what you were going to tell me?" Maria asks.

"Ye-ah. It's nothin new though.. they've had sex before, remember?" My voice cracks once again.

"Are you okay?" Dana asks. I quickly wipe away the tear rolling down my cheek and shook my head. She pulled me into a hug and then walked off to Tristen,

"Really, Dana?" Maria says.

"Just leave her, this has nothing to do with her anyway." I said.

"I'm not involved either but I'm still here for you." She explains.

"I don't expect anyone to be here for me, okay? I don't need anymore sympathy." I told her.

"Becks, you're hurting. How can we not feel sorry?"

"I don't know. Just don't. Some how, some way... I deserve this shit."

I took a deep breath and let it out slowly. Why is it so hard for me to breathe?

**** Lunch hour ****

Maria and I hung out at our usual spot, near the band room. We were having a conversation about how our stupid and boring our math teacher is,

"I don't even think he knows what he's doing in my class. He just stands there, talking very slow and the kid next to me was already into deep sleep after the first 15 minutes of the period!" I laughed.

"HOW?!" We heard someone yell near the tree benches. It was Austin yelling at Camila. She was in tears,

"Should we go?" I asked. Maria shook her head but I didn't listen, I walked up anyway.

"Hey! Don't yell at her!" I said standing in front of Austin keeping Camila behind me.

"Rebbeca, get the hell out of here this doesn't concern you!" He yells at me.

" I defend the people I care about so tough luck!" I yelled back.

"Becca, d-don't. I'm s-sorry, A-Austin!" Camila cries.

"SORRY ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH! YOU DESTROYED MY LIFE!"

"Maria, take Camila. Let me talk with Austin." I said handing her to Maria. She walked her to the restroom and left Austin and I alone.

"Look, Austin you know how she is. Don't break her because she made a dumb mistake." I said softly.

"DUMB MISTAKE?! SHE RUINED MY LIFE!" He yelled once again.

"Get over it! You're the one who had sex with her! That's on you, not her! You're responsible for your own actions just like she's responsible for hers." I said.

"So?! At least I didn't tell people I was going to sleep with her!"

"Uh, actually you did!"

"Really? Who?"

"I know some people from band that could answer that." I smirked. His eyes widened,

"Whatever! I didn't tell the whole school now did I?"

"You started this, Austin. Now you figure out a way to clean it up... she wouldn't have told anyone if you hadn't slept with her." I said looking at the ground. He walks up to me a little closer,

"Rebbeca... I hurt you, didn't I?"

"Bye." I said before I ran to the restroom.

**** In the Girls' Restroom****

"Hey Maria, where's Camila?" I asked.

"She felt sick so she went to the nurse. What happened?" She asks.

"....He just asked me if I'm hurting because of him."

"That little fucking dumbass slob with no control of his shit, now asks you a stupid question like that?! THAT'S IT!" She was about to walk out but before she could I held her back.

"No, he's not worth it." I sigh.

"This is just all confusing! I want to know why he's doing this to you! You didn't do anything to him, why does he enjoy hurting you?" She asks.

"Don't you think if I knew that, I would have this answered a long time ago?"

"True." She says.

"I'm very confused as well, let's just go back out there and avoid him. I'm not in the mood to talk to anyone else."

_______________________________

___________

/////////A\N\\\\\\\\\\\: So here's a little update! I hope you all like it, please vote and comment if I should keep this going! <3