"Hirashima, your a lifesaver! Hold on, save that money for awhile. I'll get something!!" Souma leaves in a rush after saying that, and Ayano only shrugs.

Souma came back later, looking a little bit glum because he didn't have that much money on his account. Kanishi brings out more recipe compilations, hoping that it might give Souma idea's on what don to make.

It took awhile for Souma to make a dish that he will present, but when he found just the right one he did all he can to improve it more; thanks to Megumi's idea of taking a break.

"You're still going to modify it?" Megumi questioned Souma, she was about to leave so that she could get some rest for the following day. Souma nods his head and tells his plan to her about how will he do it.

"Let's go, Tadokoro. It's going to be late, I'm sure Yukihira is old enough to take care of himself," Ayano sighs and beckons for the blue haired female to follow her. Megumi tells a short farewell to Souma and dashed outside to catch up with her dorm mate.

The Day Of The Shokugeki

The battle is about to commence, Ayano was sitting on Souma's side of the arena to cheer for him; or at least the best she could. The students inside were there mainly to see Souma fail, they couldn't wait to see his face when he loses to the meat master.

"Both contestants will now enter!" The announcer says. "First is the meat master, Mito Ikumi!!" Ikumi arrives with a rather revealing outfit, making Ayano cringed in disgust.

"I don't exactly get why the hell would she want to wear a bra where people can openly see! Jeez, Mito still does whatever she wants.."

"Now, next is Yukihira Souma-kun!" All students start throwing discouraging comments to the trio who walked in. "If Mito-san wins, the Don RS will be destroyed and Yukihira-kun will be expelled! But if Yukihira-kun wins, the Don RS' budget will rise and the club room will be more advanced! Furthermore, Mito-san will join!" Loudly, the student with the microphone announces.

Both contestants conversed for awhile, and Souma was already detaching his white headband from his wrist.

"Oh, looks like Nakiri-san decided to watch. Is she really desperate for Yukihira to lose?" Ayano thinks when she sees Erina from her place.

"Then contestants, to the kitchen! Let's go! The loser loses everything. A decisive match on the tongue! Shokugeki... Start!!"

"Heh, thanks for putting my idea on consideration, Yukihira. Knowing Mito, she'd probably use that pricey meat Konichi-senpai was talking about yesterday... Ah, and there it is. She really never changes.."

Almost everyone on the arena drools when they see that Ikumi brought out A5 meat, some were even commenting on about it, and her skills, of course. Ayano closely watched Ikumi prepare her meat, her eyes switching to Souma every so often.

While the meat of Ikumi was still heating, she takes a look at her rival.

"On the other hand, Yukihira-kun's cooking.... It seems he's finely chopping a great amount of onion. Ah, the meat! He's finally bringing it out!" The female announces, the crowd turns to Souma as he grabs a plastic bag. "Just what kind of ingredient will he show to fight Mito-san's Japanese bee--"

Ayano crossed her arms, all students around her had priceless expressions on what meat Souma brought.

"They had a special sale. I was lucky, especially since Hirashima lend me some money as well.." Souma utters, chuckling to himself.

"Oi!! Don't screw with us!" Some students start throwing their trash at Souma, spitting out curses and words of discouragement at him. After awhile, Ikumi takes her meat out and wraps it up in aluminum foil, lets it rest, and sliced it to her desired form.

Soon enough, it was time for judging. Ikumi was first, and the judges loved her dish. About now, Souma was presenting his poor yet appetizing looking dish.

Souma then explained the reason what he added to his don to make is more delicious, "The trick is in the rice. The rice in the don is mixed with pickled plum. It's a refreshing imefuumimeshi! Thanks to a dish I fortunately remembered last night, I decided to add something to the rice so that both of them and the rice would fight for the deliciousness!" He smiled boldly at Ayano for a few seconds as he spoke, then turns around.

"You see," Souma points to Ikumi, smirking, "Your dish looks like a don but it's not. The Don RS' chief said this too, that the end don are completed in one bowl," he grins, making gestures with his hands.

"I sure hope that you change for the better, Mito. I know you don't listen to me, but I think-- I know with Souma's food... I know that you'd listen.."

"Well then, please place your votes!"

...

"Oh my! The winner is... None other than Yukihira Souma!" It was announced as Ayano smiled, letting the words fall from her mouth silently,

"I knew you could do it, Yukihira...."

"Heh! It wasn't much!" Souma removed the white headband on his head and tied it on his wrist again as Megumi and Kanishi cheer for him.