I look like a creepy stalker right now... but I can't help it. I have to know why I'm only able to see color on him. Why is it only him?

Maybe it's someone trying to send me a message?

What if it's destiny to meet this guy?

So many questions, very little answers.

I saw him heading into another hallway. I sped walk to where he was and hid behind the corner and eyed him looking at the portraits.

Maybe he's into art?

"Hey Natsu!"

Oh gosh, not her!

"Hey." He waved in her direction and gave her a heart melting smile that almost made me faint. I'm not easily impressed, but wow his smile.

"I was wondering if you wanted to sit with us at lunch, you know, me and my friends?" Look at her trying to deceive his poor soul.

"Sure, just give me a minute to look at these paintings."

"Oh so you're a art guy?" She asked.

"Yeah, I love it. Painting is one of my passions."

"Oh really? I love painting too."

"Wow really? Who's you're favorite artist?"

"Oh umm, they're all my favorite." She laughed nervously, hoping he would buy it. I could laugh at her stupidity right now, but that would mean getting caught.

"Right..." He turned his attention back to the paintings, observing them.

She rushed out with one of her minions following behind her, "Ash, make an appointment for an art class tommorow. I looked like a damn fool in front of him."

"Already done." Her minion said, typing on phone.

I went further behind the corner hoping that they wouldn't see me when they walked by. They went left without looking in my direction.

I went inside the hallway a little making sure they definitely didn't see me. But that also meant exposing myself to this Natsu person.

I guess I made too much noise because he turned my way, a little startled.

His face relaxed, "Oh hey."

I was silent. Was I supposed to say something? I'm not really used to students talking to me unless it's to make fun of me.

I just stood there motionless. Getting a few stares from him.

Come on idiot, do something! Don't just stand there like a moron!

"Oh, H-Hi." I waved.

Progress!

He smiled, "did you come here to see the paintings too?"

"Oh umm, not really." Dumb move Lucy.

"Oh, ok?" He looked at me confused for a few seconds, but later turned his head back to the paintings. He probably thinks I'm a weirdo or something!

"Oh wait you mean these paintings? I thought you were talking about the ones over there, I mean-"

"It's ok." He chuckled, "Would you like to join me?"

"Oh, sure," I whispered, slouching my shoulders. I'm suprised he offered me to look at the paintings with him.

He's really nice. Probably after a couple of days hanging out with those girls and other students he'll probably consider me a freak just like the rest of them.

Ugh! What am I doing?! You have to think more positive Lucy! You'll never get anywhere with that attitude.

He scooted over offering a space beside him, which I nervously took.

We stared at the painting, for a good minute. He looked mesmerized by the painting, while I only see the usual black and white.

"Beautiful isn't it?"

"I guess."

"What do you mean you guess? Can't you see these beautiful brushstokes, the details with the characters and most importantly how amazing the artist did with balancing the colors."

"Oh right." I whispered.

"Sorry, I guess I let my artistic side get the best of me."

You guess?

He rubbed the back of his neck and put his other hand out, "the names Natsu."

I hesitated grabbing his hand, "Lucy."

"Beautiful name."

I'm screaming internally. An uncontrollable heat rushed to my cheeks. What is happening?!

"Oh, thank you."

"No problem." He continued to stare at the paintings while I sat there looking like a lost puppy.

Maybe I should start a conversation?

"Umm-" Before I could speak he inturrupted me.

"Oh Sorry, I have to get going, these girls want me to have lunch with them, crazy right? I just got here and people are already inviting me to do stuff."

"Yeah, crazy..."

"I guess I'll see you in class."

"How do you know we're in the same class?"

"I saw you today in our first period. You're that girl who couldn't resist staring at my beauty right?" He teased.

I smacked my forehead, "yeah that was me, I'm sorry, that was so embarrassing."

"Hey no worries, just promise me that we'll get to talk again."

"You want to talk to me? Again?"

"Of course, you seem interesting, I like that."

"Oh, thanks. I guess?"

"So promise?"

I smiled, "Promise."

"Well nice to meet you, Lucy." He ran out the hallway and started running toward the wrong direction.

I know he's new, but wow, the cafeteria is just right there around the corner.

"To your left!" I yelled.

I heard his foot steps running back towards me, "thank you!" He yelled.

I giggled. What an interesting guy.