15: making you smile

They had finished their mission and passed the scroll to hokage. The fuedal lord's son was also escorted back.

itachi:what are you sad about?We finished our mission.

shuna:who said I'm sad?

itachi:you're sucking on a lollipop.

shuna:my lollipop has many uses.I suck it whenever I like.Plus I'm a little happy today.

itachi:I don't see you smiling.

shuna:Smiling is only for a short moment.

They pass by a playground and shuna goes to sit on the swing.

shuna:do me a favour will you?

itachi:what?

shuna:show me your sharingan.

itachi:you're missing your stepmum.

shuna:she was the greatest mum I've ever had.I used to call her mama like she was my mum.My mum died after giving birth to me...

itachi:so amena is your stepsister.

shuna:she had sharingan too.But maybe she wasn't meant to have them.

Itachi changed his eyes to sharingan.Shuna looks intently at those beautiful red eyes.

shuna:it really reminds me of amena and mama.

itachi:done looking?

shuna:sorry.

She looked away from itachi's eyes

itachi:it's ok.You actually remind me of someone.

shuna:who?

itachi:my little brother sasuke.He always ask me do things for him.But in the end,I never did one.

shuna:too busy with your family burderns and expectations?I understand, cos I was the same.

itachi:shuna,I'm happy to have a good friend like you.Even though I never told you what troubles I have.But you always seem to understand.

shuna:that's cos amena said we were the same.Come on,I know a great way to distress.

They stand outside a sake bar...

itachi:are you going to try to get sake?

shuna takes of her hairband and let her hair down.She took off her belt which had pouches on them and her headband which was tied around her waist.

shuna:wait here.

She walks into the bar and goes to the counter.She shows a pathetic look and asks 'sake please...'

'poor little girl,your father must want some sake again.Here you go,don't get beaten up again ok.' the boss tells her as he passes him 4 sake bottles and takes the money from her.

Shuna leaves the bar and brings itachi to the forest.

itachi:do we need to be this secretive?

shuna drags him along without answering .She climbs on top the tree and itachi follows.

shuna:if I'm seen with sake,a certain someone would come look for me.Here take one.

itachi:you do this all the time?

shuna:just like a lollipop, even though sake cannot make me forget everything forever. But at least I can forget for a while.Don't you need that?

itachi:I guess it's fine if its once in a while.

shuna:You think I take this everyday?

itachi:it seems so,the boss of the bar even know you have bruises on your body.

shuna:I had to come out with an excuse so he'll give me sake right.

itachi:cheers.

itachi smiled as he drunk the sake.Not long,itachi was drunk and unconscious.

shuna:itachi.itaaaachii.ooi,red eyes.Sigh...maybe I shouldn't have given him such strong ones.Just a few mouths and he's drunk.

____________________________

The next morning itachi finds himself awake in his own bedroom.He walks to the kitchen to find his mum making breakfast.

mum:itachi,you're awake.

itachi suddenly feels a sharp headache.

mum:the girl who sent you back home said you would need this if you had a headache.

itachi opens the wrapper and takes the pill.He realizes the wrapper had words on it.

It wrote:

thanks for accompanying me last night. This is a present to thank you.I enjoyed working with you. Hope to work with you again.

itachi smiled after reading the note.

mum:what are you smiling at?

itachi:nothing, just felt that I had an enjoyable night last night.