Chapter 21

Cameron's P.O.V

I felt like somebody punched a hole right through my chest when me and Mckenzie made eye contact. I was extremely jealous of Shawn, but I knew he was just comforting her. I tried to stay strong, but
my face flooded with tears. Shawn stared the car and they started to leave. I took one last look at Mckenzie and without thinking, mouthed "I love you." Ugh, what did I do.

But quickly, she responded
"I love you too." I froze. Okay now I was really imagining things. What if she did actually say it? I'm an awful person. What's the point of living anymore? She was my world. Nash walked up to me. I went to walk by the shoreline. I saw a couple making out on the beach. As I walked farther, I could see it was Nash and some blonde girl.

Nash looked up.

"Oh hey, do you know where Kenzie is?" Nash asked.

"Yeah, just left." I said quietly

"She took our car?" Nash asked

"No she wouldnt- she left with shawn." I said, suprised that he would think that.

"Oh." He said, not even caring, he went back to kissing the girl.

I walked off and shook my head disapprovingly at the blonde girl.

As I walked on the beach, I had flashbacks of me am Kenzie.

*Flashback* (When they were seven)

"Hey Kenzie, I get to see a movie tomorow. Ask your mommy if you can come." Said the 7 year old Cameron to Mckenzie at recess.

"Okay" She said

Bullies appear*

"Cameron and Kenzie Kissing in a tree
K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" Said a bully named sam.

"We're only friends leave us alone" said Kenzie said

"Shut up, your ugly!" said sam.

"She's not ugly, she's pretty!" Cameron said.

Cameron ended up slapping sam and being sent home.

Back to reality*

I smiled at the thought and remembered our special treee, and secret hideout.

I decided to go back home.

Mckenzie's P.O.V

Me and Shawn decided to pick up a Disney movie, because we were all kids on the inside. We were going to watch the good dinosaur. We picked up the disk and grabbed some snacks. Then, we headed to Shawn's house.

He unlocked the door and his dog, Marl came running up to me.

"Marl! I screamed as I threw my arms around the fluffy dog's head.

Shawn smiled and threw the stuff on the counter. He pulled a frozen pizza out of the freezer and put it in the oven.

"Dinner." Shawn said.

I giggled at him saying dinner out of nowhere and a huge grin appeared on his fave. But as soon as the thought of Cameron popped back into my head, I was all depressed again.

"Hey get a towel out of the closet and take a shower." He told me

I nodded and grabbed a tan towel out of the closet. I headed to the bathroom and turned on the hot water. As I was about to take off my clothes, I realized that I didn't have anything to wear.

I walked to the kitchen.

"I don't have anything to wear." I told him.

He was sitting on the counter, on his phone. I have to admit, he was pretty attractive. He looked up at me. "Uh.. one sec." He said, as he walked up to his room. A minute later, he put a pair of his gray sweatpants and an obey tee shirt in my hands.