Chapter 19

Still Nash's P.O.V

I woke up and rolled onto my side to look at Mckeznie. Gosh, she was so beautiful. Ugh. I really wanted to be able to call her mine, but it just wouldn't be right if I hooked up with my best friend's ex. I didn't know what to do since I was at a complete stranger's house. I was about to wake up Mckenzie to talk to her, but remembered she would start to cry again. I unplugged my phone and walked downstairs. I was going to sit on the couch, and I jumped when I saw the back of a girl's head. I then realized it was probably Mckenzie's friend. I sat on the recliner and looked over at the girl. She looked up from my phone and the world felt like it stopped. She was the most gorgeous human being I have ever seen. I didn't know it was possible for anybody to be more beautiful than Mckenzie.

She was breathtaking. She had bright blonde hair that fell right below her shoulders. Everything about her was perfect. Her body, face, smile. Her eyes where awfully gorgeous. They were a bright green that shimmered in the light.

"Hi, I'm Leah." She said happily with that smile that made the world stop spinning,

"H - hi ......I'm Nash." I said, and felt myself blush when I realized she saw me staring. And I stuttered. I'm usually never nervous. The only girl I was nervous to when I first met her was Kenzie.

Leah laughed and asked if I wanted to do anything.

"Yeah,yeah..., Camping, Picnic, Beach, Mall, Lunch, Car dealer, Germany, You know anywhere you wanna go." I said, giving many options so she wouldn't back out

She giggled and replied

"Picnic on the beach and camping in a tent while watching netflix. Yup."

I laughed and looked up at her.

"Sounds like a plan."

We went to the kitchen and I helped her make breakfast. Before I knew it, Leah grabbed a handful of flour and threw it on me. I smiled and cracked an egg and threw flour at her.

"Nash!" she screamed

She poured syrup all over me and I smeared pancake batter on her face. We were laughing hysterically to the point that we had to bend down and clutch our stomachs. We both fell to the floor and continued to laugh for at least 5 minutes.

Mckenzie walked downstairs sadly, and walked to the couch with her head drooped down. I didn't want her to start crying if I went over there to comfort her, so I continued to make breakfast with the materials we had left. Mckenzie layed on the couch motionless.

"Hey we have plans for today, Mckenzie, we're going to the beach if you wanna come." Leah said to Mckenzie.

Kenzie sat up and clenched her lips together.
"Okay" she said weakly while nodding.

Mckenzie's P.O.V

I plopped back down on the couch after responding to Leah. I tried not to think of the breakup.

Sometimes the person that you want to see the least is also the first person you wish you could see.

The only person that can make you feel better. I stopped thinking about that and thought about the beach today and what I would
wear and stuff. I wondered if Nash and Leah liked each other. I walked to the kitchen and saw that they were both covered in......breakfast. How did I not see that when I talked to Leah?

"What happened?" I tried to say happily, but instead came out in a bored and sad tone.

"Food fight." Nash responded.

I got up and poured some frosted flakes. I ate quietly, the only sound was the clinking of my bowl and spoon. I washed my bowl out and put it in the dishwasher. I walked up the stairs, looking down at my feet, with my face expressionless.

I grabbed my beach bag and threw on a turquoise bikini. I put on a pair of shorts and a Cali tanktop. I grabbed a towel and threw it in my bag along with sunscreen, a change of clothes, sunglasses, and a mini pillow since we're staying the night in a tent.

I put my hair into a messy bun and brushed my teeth. I put on a little bit of mascara and put on my sandals. I headed out to the car.