Chapter 17

Cameron's P.O.V

The school day dragged. The video that the fan took of the whole "Movie theater situation" went viral, so a bunch of people crowded around Mckenzie asking if she was okay.

After practically the whole school talking to Mckenzie, we loaded up into the car and drove to my house. We all started on our Math homework. While we sat at the table, my phone went off. I looked down at my phone and when Kenzie asked who it was, I got pretty nervous.

Mckenzie's P.O.V

As we were on the last question, I heard Cameron's phone go off.

"Who's that Cam?" I asked, curiously

"Nobody, just Um- an old friend" He responded with a slight stutter. His face became red.

I looked over at Nash, and by the look on his face I could tell that he was thinking the same thing I was. That definetly wasn't a friend from school.

"Cameron. Who is it?" I said with a hint of aggression.

"I just told you." He said, nervously.

"I want the truth. Give me your phone." I said, without worrying about trying to sound friendly.

He handed over his phone. I scrolled up to the very first text. I figured out after about 20 messages that it was a suicidal girl that Cameron was trying to help out.

"Cameron these are the kind of people that fall head over heels for you because you saved them, and why would you like to me about this crap?" I said in a harsh tone.

I read to a text that was sent three days ago. Cameron sent it to her.

"Sweet dreams beautiful, love you"

A text 3 messages away, from Cam

"Love you!"

I lost it. I threw his phone at him, and it went tumbling to the floor, forming cracks across his blank screen as it shattered. My face turned red and tears streamed down my face without me even trying, I didn't even notice until I looked down at my shirt and it was drenched with my tears.

"How could you Cameron? I trusted you and I have for my entire life and you go behind my back and end up texting a fan for 3 months saying I love you?! I really did think I found somebody that me as much as I lived them, but I would Never do this to you. I hate you and don't ever expect to see me again Cameron Alexander Dallas! There is and will never be an us EVER again!" I screamed at him, shocked at the fact that I managed to choke it out.

I grabbed my phone off of the counter and rand out of the front door. I didn't know where I was going, but it wasn't anywhere around here. I walked through the blurry world, with teats filling my bloodshot eyes. The worst of the emotions hasn't even hit me yet. I was more angry than I was sad, but I didn't know that being sad was a lot more awful.