Chapter 20

^ Song is from Cams YouTube video (I'll put his video in the next chapter)
Cameron's P.O.V

(Right after the breakup)

I watched Mckenzie walk out of the door and my face got all red and puffy. Tears streamed down my face uncontrollably as I continued to stare at the door. I fell to my knees and screamed as I cried uncontrollably. Nash sat down beside me and he let me cry into his shoulder. This continued until somebody called Nash. He told me he had to leave and was replaced with Shawn. It looked like Shawn was upset with me, he was practically Kenzie's bodyguard he was so protective; but I guess he decided not to say anything when he saw me curled up in a ball on the floor crying.

"Hey, go see if a shower will help." Shawn said comfortingly.

I rolled over onto my side and got up. I slowly got up and walked upstairs.

I turned on the water and stood in the hot water, crying. This was probably the lowest I have ever felt in my life. I turned off the water and put on some boxers and basketball shorts. I decided to go on Twitter to see if fans could make me feel better.

I tweeted

"Sometimes you don't know what you have until everything's gone. 😔"

Fans commented and asked me what was wrong, and comforted me. I don't plan on telling the fans about our break up anytime soon.

I then saw that Kenzie posted something on twitter also.

"What do you do when the person who broke your heart is the only one that can fix it? 😳❔🔏💔"

I felt emotions rush through my body and tears streamed down my face again. I realized that the fans have probably already guessed that we broke up.

I threw my already severely cracked phone and pulled the covers over my face.

Shawn walked in and asked me if I wanted to watch a movie. I agreed to watching the Revenant. I fell asleep about 30 minutes into the movie.

Shawn's P.O.V

Once Cameron fell asleep, I turned off the movie and plugged our phones into the charger. I decided to FaceTime Nash. He answered, but once I got on all I heard was Mckenzie sobbing into his chest, and he mouthed "I'll talk to you later." I nodded and wished that I was the one comforting Mckenzie.

Once Cameron woke up, he asked me to leave because he wanted to be alone. I made him promise that he wouldn't do anything bad and headed to my house. To get my mind off of how hurt Mckenzie and Cam were, I grabbed my things and went to the beach.

(Back to present time.)

Mckenzie's P.O.V

Once we got to the beach, I layed down my stuff and started to tan. I was going to try to have fun, but honestly I felt really left out because it was just Nash and Leah the whole time. I got on Twitter and saw what Cameron posted last night. I felt bad for him, but shook away the thought. I put in my ear buds and turned on pandora. Memories by Shawn mendes came on and I started to tear up. I buried my face into the towel and listened to Shawn's angelic voice. Next some rap song came on. I didn't like it, so I went on youtube and put all of Shawn's songs on shuffle. His voice was comforting. I've known him since before he was famous in middle school. I remember when we were in tenth grade and we sat in a tree as he sang. I fell asleep to his soft voice. He soon became famous because of vine and I was so proud of him.

I put on some sunscreen and once again, fell asleep to his soft voice. I heard leah say "Smack cam" but my brain was operating too slow to process it. Soon enough, I was being what felt like as hard as leah could possibly slap me with a handful of blueberries. I opened my eyes, and felt myself tear up but tried to be tough because I knew this would be going online.

"Not funny, I'm going to the bathroom. " I said quickly, the side if my face throbbing. I was mostly hurt because even Nash started to laugh and he knows when I'm hurt. I felt as if everybidy was truning against me.I grabbed all of my things and ran to the bathroom as I pulled up Uber on my phone. I then realized that I had no where to go. I ran outside and bumped into Shawn.

" What's wrong?" The comforting voice asked.

I was going to ignore him, and be independent, but when his strong arms wrapped me into a hug, I couldn't help but to melt into the hug. I sobbed in his chest.

"What's wrong with....umm...your face?" He asked.

I tried to answer, but the lump in my throat was blocking the words from getting to my tongue.

"It's okay, you don't have to answer. I'm taking you to my house." He said, understandingly. He lifted me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist. He carried me to the car with no problem at all, as I cried onto his shoulder.

He tried to put me on my seat, but I wouldn't let go of him. He held me there and I heard a voice that was way too familiar.

"Hey..uh- I'll be here."

I didn't look up, because if I did I knew I wouldn't be able to stop crying. I tightened my grip on Shawn's back, still crying.

"It's okay." He whispered while stroking his fingers up and down my back.

"It'll be at my house" Shawn said to Cameron.

I made the mistake of looking up and saw Cameron with a puffy, red face and tears streaming down his face. We made eye contact and I lost it. I saw sadness in his eyes, the look he would have when he wanted to be forgiven.I gasped for air and choked on tears, still looking at Cameron. He started to cry even harder as well. I buried my face into shawn's gray hoodie and muffled my cries. My chest was heaving. I was almost as upset as I was when Cameron was pronounced dead. I cried harder at the thought. I heard Cameron crying. I wanted more than anything to run up into his arms, kiss him, and make us both happy again.

But I couldn't.

He hurt me. He was my friend for 13 years and he hurt me. It ruined our friendship and relationship. I thought back to a time that we were 8 and painted the inside of my treehouse. My mom yelled at us and me and Cam laughed when we were sent up to my room. I thought of all the times I snuck into his window to watch movies with him on school nights. I remembered when we wrote notes to each other through our windows. I remember us going to prom as friends every year, because we both loved only each other, but didn't want to admit it. I cried so hard to the point where I hyperventilated.

Shawn set me onto my feet, but my knees buckled and started to tremble. He lifted me back up.

"It's okay, I love you, don't be sad" He said comfortingly. He said I love you. He's never said that to anyone except his family. He put me in the seat and buckled me in. Shawn started to leave and I took one last look at Cameron. He looked back at me, his eyes begging and his face puffy and red. He mouthed "I love you." As tears streamed down his face. I couldn't help it. I mouthed back
"I love you too." His face lit up with hope and shock.