Copyright/ Prologue

Copyright © 2017 by C.M.Alexander

All rights reserved.

No part of this book may be reproduced in any manner whatsoever without written permission, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical articles and reviews.

This book is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents either are products of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously, and are not to be construed as real. Any resemblance to actual event, locates, organization, or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.

Prologue

Looking out the window, the fall leaves fell onto the ground as her older siblings played with each other. Laughing and chancing each other. Olivia tilting her head as she stretched her wings out. She wanted to play outside too. She wanted to play tag and hide-and-seek.

"Olivia darling, please cover your wings! We don't want the other villagers to see you," Olivia's mother yelled rushing over to the windows and shut the curtains making the room dark.

"But mother, why do I have to be shut out? I want to play too."

"Olivia, you know you can't go outside. If the other villagers saw you they will burn you to the stake," her mother bent down to her knees holding her daughters shoulders. "Please, Olivia. Don't let anyone see your wings."

"I hate these stupid wings. Why was I born this way!?" she yelled tightening her fists to her sides.

"My angel," her mother place her hand on her daughter's cheek, "you're so special and I have to protect you from those who won't understand how special you are. So please hide just a little longer. Until your father finishes our new home you can ran around as much as you want."

"You mean the house in the woods?"

"Yes, darling," her mother smiled. "Just a little longer and you can fly as much as you please," she said hugging Olivia.

"Okay- Mother-"