Country Boy and City Girl: Ch. 1

A/N So this idea had been on my mind for a while. Let's hope it's a good one!

Aphmau sighed grumpily as she slammed her suitcase closed. Her eyes wandered towards her laptop, wishing she could bring it along, but her mother had only allowed her one electronic for the summer, and she chose her phone.

"Mija! Vamonos!"

"Coming mom!" Aphmau yelled, grabbing her suitcase and dragging it out her bedroom door.

For the summer, Aphmau's mother had to go on another trip. But as luck had it, her friend was free during the summer, and would be glad to take care of Aphmau while her mother left.

"Mom, why can't I just go with you?" Asked Aphmau.

"Because I know you'll be very bored while I'm gone. Zianna has three kids your age, and they'll be with you every day." Her mother said.

"But mom, you didn't even tell me where they live." Aphmau pointed out.

"Out in the country."

Aphmau's mouth dropped. "Mom, that's really far!"

"But it's on the way to my conference." Her mother pointed out as she carried Aphmau's luggage into the trunk of the car. "I'm sure you'll enjoy it! They have a farm, and lots of animals."

"B-B-But—"

"No buts. Now get yours in the car so we can go."

Aphmau groaned as she sat in the front seat, crossing her arms grumpily. Her mother looked at her and sighed. "Look, I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner. How about I get you some McDonald's before we go."

".... Ok."

^-^(A Very Long Drive Later)^-^

"Woah..." Aphmau said, looking out on the farm.

They stood in front of a fairly sized house, large enough to fit a large family. In the distance was a red barn, and a field of wheat was behind that. Right behind the barn was a large fence that had many animals inside.

"OMG!!!!"

Aphmau and her mother turned around, only to see her mother tackled into a hug.

"Zianna! How you doing girl?!"

"Oh, better then ever!" Then, the woman looked over at Aphmau, smiling. "And this must be Aphmau!" She sang.

The woman had black hair and blue eyes. She had pale skin, but looked a bit burnt from the sun.

"H-Hi Mrs. Ro'Meave!"

"Oh please, call me Zianna!" She said, smiling. Aphmau nodded, smiling as well.

"Mooommmm!" 

Someone ran out of the house, their arms crossed and pouting. "Zane's being a jerk again."

He had brown hair and green eyes. He didn't look much like Zianna, but their smiles were identical. 

"Oh just ignore your brother. He's going through puberty remember?" Said Zianna. Then her eyes brightened as if remembering something. "Vlyad, meet Aphmau! She's gonna stay with us for the summer."

Vlyad turned to Aphmau and shook her hand. "Nice to meet you. Can you milk a cow?"

"U-Uh, I can learn!"

"I like her spirit mom!" Vlyad said. Then he looked at Aphmau and motioned for her to follow him. "Come on, you can meet everyone else."

"I'm gonna get going sweetie!" Said Aphmau's mother, giving her the suitcase. She hugged her and got back in the car, driving away.