Cinderella/Aphmau(2015 Disney Style)Part 2

A/N Here's part 2!! Enjoy!

As the carriage came to a slow stop, Aphmau felt a gut wrenching anxiety arise in her stomach. She felt as if this would go badly.

"Malachi?" Asked Aphmau, stepping off the carriage so she could talk to the lizard.

"Yes, my lady?" Asked Malachi.

"I'm extremely nervous... What if it all goes wrong?" Asked Aphmau, biting her lip. Malachi motioned for her to come closer, as if he was going to tell her a secret.

"I'm a lizard, not a human. It won't last long, so I best live it while I can!" Said Malachi. Aphmau understood, and walked into the castle, waving goodbye to her animal friends.

<<<<<<<>>>>>>

Aphmau swung open the doors to the ballroom, unaware that those doors were at the very top and center of the whole room. Everyone turned to stare at the lovely woman whose dress was beautiful, and whose smile was contagious.

Garroth's eyes widened when he saw the maiden. She looked even more beautiful then the day he had first met her on that brown horse.

"Is that the maiden? She doesn't look like one." Garroth frowned at Laurence, who was, again, smirking.

"Yes, that is her." Said Garroth.

"Well, she came just in time for the first waltz." Said Laurence. Garroth was already walking towards her.

Aphmau walked down the stairs, many thoughts racing through her mind.

Poise, but not snooty... Elegant, but not snotty...

She looked up, and saw Garroth.

Wearing a suit of white and baby blue. Aphmau was absolutely certain a normal apprentice wouldn't be wearing that noble of clothing.

"G-Garroth?"Asked Aphmau. She couldn't even ask him any questions, because everyone was watching.

He wasn't an apprentice, was he...?

Normally, Garroth would feel nervous, or start stuttering. But at that moment, he was so overjoyed that Aphmau had showed up at the ball that he was more confident then normal.

"My lady, will you allow me to be escort you through the first royal waltz?" Asked Garroth. Aphmau blinked, never having heard such elaborate words before.

"I'm sorry, I don't quite understand." She whispered. Garroth chuckled, extending his hand.

"It means, will you please dance with me?" Asked Garroth once again, a smile on his face. Aphmau started at Garroth's blue eyes, and the way his sandy blonde hair swept over them.

How could she possibly say no?

Aphmau smiled, nodding as she took Garroth's hand. He led her to the middle of the room, the people at the ball making a large circle around them. Garroth held her right hand in his left, and as she placed her left hand on his shoulder, he snaked his right arm around her waist, pulling her close.

Aphmau gasped inside as Garroth pulled her close, never having danced with anyone before besides her father. Then, the music started up, and Aphmau let Garroth lead her.

He waltzed to the music as she moved along with him, all the dancing lessons her father taught her rushing back into her mind. Aphmau was completely nervous, but all she had to do was stare into Garroth's eyes, and she would feel fine.

Then, Garroth lifted her into the air, Aphmau surprised and holding onto Garroth for dear life. Garroth chuckled as her grip on him tightened. More people began to join them with their own partners.