Santa Cruz

A/N If any of you don't know, I'm on a vacation at Santa Cruz until Sunday. I would like to put the OTP Challenge on hold for now and just write some one shots. They might be Disney related or not, but I hope you enjoy them anyways.

Besides, us Garmau fan girls are dying right now so we need all we can get XD.

3rd POV

Aphmau walked out onto the beach like she did every day, watching the early morning surfers as they got on their boards and rode the waves.

She took out her towel and placed it on the warm, golden sand. Then, Aphmau pulled out her drawing pad, looked out at the ocean, and started to draw. She let her hand guide the pencil as she drew the ocean's waves, along with the sun that reflected of the water.

Someone interrupted her artwork by grabbing her hands and pulling her up to her feet. Aphmau looked up into a familiar pair of light blue eyes. She smiled.

"Well well... It's you." She said.

The man with the sandy blonde hair and the sun kissed skin, along with the dazzling blue eyes. His black wetsuit clung onto his muscular body. 

"Yep, it's me." He said. Aphmau had never learned his name, but he was always around.

Always.

"What is it this time?" She asked, curious on why he interrupted her drawing. The man shrugged.

"I'm gonna teach you how to surf." He said simply.

He's a surfer if I ever saw one.

"What makes you think I wanna surf?" Asked Aphmau. The man bent down and picked up her drawing pad, smirking at the artwork on the paper.

"You're an artist. If you can do this from up here, imagine what you could draw after being down there." The man said, pointing at the blue ocean.

Aphmau's smile increased, and she looked back at the man.

"Alright, fine. I'll do it. But first, you have to tell me your name." Aphmau ordered as she pulled of her sundress, revealing her bikini. The man grinned, grabbing one of her hands and leading her towards the water.

"My names Garroth. Garroth Ro'Meave. You?" Asked Garroth. Aphmau smirked.

"Aphmau. Now, how do I surf?" 

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Aphmau lay on the board, her stomach flat down like Garroth had instructed. She looked up and saw a wave start to form. Garroth didn't need to tell her that this was the one.

She quickly used her feet to turn around, and she used her arms to paddle towards shore. The wave went out from under her, and she did a push up on the way, standing up and balancing on the board.

Aphmau was surfing.

As the wave moved her around, Aphmau caught a glimpse of an amazing sight. The wave was in its rolled up state, and Garroth was surfing inside of it. She saw the sun's rays reflecting against the clear water, making it seem as if Garroth was in a wave of light. 

Aphmau took a mental snapshot of that scene, and she knew exactly what to draw next.

Before she could aprehend what was going on, the board slipped from under her, and she crashed into the waves. The water swarmed around her, and she quickly started to swim up to the surface.

Too bad something wrapped around her ankle, and didn't let her leave.

Aphmau's eyes widened as she looked down at the green plant that was entangled in her leg. 

Seaweed.

Aphmau tried splashing the water to get someone's attention, but she couldn't reach the surface. Her lungs were going without oxygen for too long, and she needed to breathe soon. If not, Aphmau would drown.

This is it... This is where I end...

A hand grabbed hers and pulled with all its might, causing the seaweed's grip on her foot to break off. Aphmau's head hit he surface, and she took in a huge breath.

"Aphmau, are you ok?!" Aphmau couldn't answer; she was too busy coughing. 

The person quickly helped her onto the board and swam her out to shore. Then, they picked up Aphmau bridal style and sat her down on the towel. She saw a familiar pair of blue eyes.

"G-Garroth?" She asked, coughing one more.

"You're freezing cold... Here." He said, handing her a towel. Aphmau quickly wrapped it around herself, shivering.

"I should've let you borrow a wetsuit--"

"How did you know I was in trouble?" Aphmau asked. Garroth blushes slightly.

"I was watching you surf, and when you fell you didn't swim back up... I got worried." Garroth explained. Aphmau smiled.

"I'm glad you were watching me then." She said. Then, Aphmau grabbed her drawing board and moved to the next page. Garroth sat down next to her, in shock.

"Y-You're not mad?" He asked. Aphmau shook her head no.

"No. I'll surf in a bit, just wanted to draw his one thing I saw." She explained. Garroth's jaw dropped.

"You're still going to surf?" He asked. She rolled her eyes.

"Of course! I'm not gonna let a bit of seaweed frighten me. Besides, I have you to keep my safe." Aphmau said. 

Garroth watched her as Aphmau quickly began to draw the waves. Then, she put it down, already having drawn the basics so she would remember what it was.

"Alrighty, let's get surfing." She said, standing up. Garroth smiled, once again taking her hand and leading her to the ocean waves.

Then, Aphmau looked down at her foot and broke into laughter.

The piece of seaweed was still tied around her ankle.

A/N So... Was that awful? I'm sorry if it was.

Lots of people I know we're tied up by seaweed and still surfed so I decided for Aphmau to do that.

Anyways, please comment anything you think I could write a one shot on!