Cinderella/Aphmau(Modern Disney Style) Part 1

"Aphmau! You have to polish my shoes!"

"Aphmau! Why isn't my dress washed?"

"Aphmau, the carraige will be here any minute! Help me with my gloves!"

Aphmau's step sister's demands were sometimes a bit too much for even her. The Royal ball was no game to the step family, though, and they were certain one of them would get chosen to be the princes' bride.

Azura, Aphamu's step sister, tapped her foot impatiently as Aphmau got on her knees and polished her shoes. Once she was done, however, Azura smirked and kicked Aphmau, causing her to fall backwards into the bucket of soap and water.

"Haha! Donna look! Our petty step sister is bathing in the dirty water!" Cried Azura. Donna walked into the room and burst out laughing.

"Oh, how embarrassing!" Cried Donna. At that moment, Aphmau's step mother, Catherine, A/N Crazy Cat Lady walked into the room.

"Aphmau, is this your mess?" Asked Catherine, looking at the floor.

"Yes, Madame."

"And you expect to go to the ball without cleaning the mess?" Asked Catherine.

"No, Madame."

"Well then, clean it up!" She yelled.

~~~~~~~~~

"The carriage has arrived!" Cried Azura, rushing out of the bedroom. Donna and Catherine were close to follow.

"Wait! Please wait!" The three ladies turned and saw Aphmau run down the stairs wearing a small pink dress that reached her knees. It had a small vest on, and ruffles on the side. It was made of cloth, unlike the ladies silky material, and she and made it herself.

"What are you wearing?" Asked Catherine.

"It was my mother's old dress!" Aphmau exclaimed, seeing how beautiful the dress was.

"We can't possibly let you go to the ball dressed in these rags!" Cried Catherine, walking closer to Aphmau. Then, with all her force, she yanked the sleeve of the vest off.

Aphmau gasped, grabbing the sleeve from her stepmother, who waved it in her face. The sisters joined, pulling off the ruffles and the jewels off her neck until there was nothing except rags covering Aphmau's body.

"Girls! The carriage has arrived." Said Catherine. The step mother and sisters went out the door, leaving Aphmau alone.

Aphmau ran through the backdoor, and out to the garden. She ran until she got to a stone bench, and kneeled down, crying. All she had wanted to do was go to the ball, and see her friend she met in the woods, the apprentice.

His name was Garroth...

He was a kind gentleman, and had invited her to the ball. He had promised that if she went, he would tell her what his trade was.

"I guess I'll never see Garroth now." Aphmau whispered.

"And why not?" Aphmau jumped, knowing it was just her in the garden.

"W-whose there?" She asked nervously. An older woman walked into the garden from the bushes.

"Kind lady, could I have some bread and water?" Asked the woman. Aphmau blinked.

"O-of course! You must be starving." Said Aphmau, running to the water pump. The old woman was astonished by how eager Aphmau was to helping a stranger with less then her.

"No need. Not anymore. Now, let me change into something more comfortable." Said the woman, lifting her hand into the air.

A blast of magick blew into the sky, sprinkling onto the old woman. The thing was, she was no longer an old woman. She had long, blonde hair and blue eyes, and she wore a small green dress.