C1. Exams

It was a bright and sunny, summer morning. And in the Hirashima household, it could have never been any more normal. Breakfast had just ended and the eldest child, Ayano, was in her private kitchen; trying to think of a dish to make.

"Oi, lazy ass Ayano, the ingredients that you've ordered are downstairs," A irritated voice boomed from the speakers in the corner of the kitchen. Ayano rolls her bright sky blue eyes and exited her kitchen, and went to the living room to scold the person who dared used that nickname on her.

Adjusting her green colored scarf, she goes down the last step of the stairs and stared back at the same shade of blue hues that belonged to her younger brother, "You know it isn't nice to call your older sister like that!" She raised her voice, going closer to the young boy.

"W-Whatever..." He crossed his arms and pouted, not wanting to admit that he's scared seeing the angry aura Ayano emitted.

"Anyway, why did you even call me? Stop bothering me, Saito, and do something useful," Ayano then scoffs, rolling her eyes.

"Dad asked me to call you. He's in the dining area with Mom," Saito replied, ignoring the command that Ayano gave. Ayano nods sharply, and made way to the dining area where her parents were waiting for her to tell her something that would probably change her life.

"Mom, Dad? You've asked for me?" Ayano does a small courtesy and took a seat in front of them.

"Yes. Your father and I discussed this a few months ago, and now we're going to tell it to you," her mom states with a sweet voice, smiling ever so weakly at her daughter.

"You are the heir of our restaurant," Ayano's father continued, locking his hands together, "And we want you to be prepared when that time comes."

"We'll enroll you to a school where you will be taught different lessons about cooking. Then, after graduating, you'll have to come straight home and things will go from there."

Ayano nods meekly, slowly taking in the information that her parents were telling her. It is true that it will be hard for her, but if she ever wanted to be one of the best chefs out there, then it's settled.

It's only been a fascination to her when she was very young, but when she turned around six years old, she told both her parents that she wanted to become a chef one day. The parents agreed, it was more nice that Ayano decided it on her own instead of them forcing her to do it; their lives are easy now because of that.

After taking at least a few seconds, Ayano nods, "Sure. I'll be sure to make you both proud!" She smiles broadly, and her cheeks instantly ached because of it.

"Sweetheart, we already are," her mom smiles in return. Satisfaction, relief and pride welled up in her eyes.

Ayano giggles, "Then I'll make you even more proud when I graduate!"