The Wedding Date

Leanne's POV

"Oh Leanne" called mum "I would like you to meet Amber Bright, she's your wedding planner, She'll be planning you big day"

She beamed walking into my office and interrupting me.

I turned to mum "But we haven't chosen a date yet"

"All sorted third of November has been booked, Colton agrees"

"Third of November" I cried out. "That's less than three months, I didn't think we would do it that quick"

"Shh, don't shout dear, I'm not waiting till next year, besides Amber's the best there is, so catering for about five hundred guests will be easy" mum cooed.

Five hundred guests, where the hell are they coming from, I only know about twenty people.

" Five hundred guests" I gasped.

"At least that amount, you are marrying a Barratt after all, besides it's expected and with your dad going into politics, we need to put on the wedding of the decade" she replied with a huge grin, then she continued.

"Now dear you and Colton are scheduled to sit down with Amber and me at three this afternoon in the conference room, don't be late, we're off now to check out the venues" and with that mum and Amber breezed out the office leaving the door open.

Jeez what the hell just happened, one moment I'm going over a fund raising event for LCM foundation, that insists that I need to attend as it will be full of the rich and famous.

Alex is brilliant at arranging these events and this is the biggest yet and the first that requires my presence.

Next I'm getting married in under three months in front of five hundred people, in the biggest event of the decade.

Shit I thought, I been out manoeuvred again, I had never thought about my own wedding, as I never expected to get married, I concentrated on Chloe having everything she needed for a normal life, so I had only myself to blame as I had literally handed it over to mum.

when being pushed constantly by her to set a date, I replied I didn't really care, so long as we eventually got married.

Why didn't I keep my big mouth shut, but then mum is a force to be reckoned with and she is so happy. Plus if I'm honest with myself I do want to marry Colton and I don't care when, I have no idea about weddings or what I would want, but five hundred people, sheesh.

Just then Colton pokes his head in the door.

"I see you had a visit from mum, how did it go" he asked sounding a bit timid.

"I didn't know we had agreed a date for the wedding" I moaned.

"Well,we didn't but according to mum, you left it up to her to sort out" Colton replied sounding a bit hurt.

Wow Lea, tread carefully here, hell you want to marry this guy, so does it matter when, NO!

I got up from my chair made my way to Colton and throwing my arms around his neck.

"The sooner I can get you alone on our honeymoon the better" I growled in what I hoped was a sexy voice.

I must have achieved that as he grabbed me in for a passionate kiss.

As we broke from the amazing kiss, Colton looked at me a bit sheepishly.

"Um! You better prepare yourself " he said.

"What do you mean prepare myself, for what?" I said alarmed.

"Come" he replied pulling me out the office , where I was immediately surrounded by all the staff on this floor.