Family

Colton's POV

We drove home in an awkward silence, I had so many questions buzzing around in my head, but the most prominent one, how can my sweet beautiful Leanne be a murderer.

We arrived at the house still in silence, but that soon changed as we stepped into the hallway, where my whole family stood and as soon as Leanne appeared they descended on her like a pack of wolves onto there poor unsuspecting prey.

First to reach her was Chloe tears streaming down her face as she punched Leanne on the arm making her cry out.

" Don't you ever do that too me again Leanne Masters, or so help me" with that she flung her arms around her sister and they cried, hugged and bonded.

Then there followed the procession of my family all first chastising her, then forgiving, before finally embracing.
BB, mum, dad and Alex and finally Mrs Williams who just hugged her.

Eventually with all the emotions of reuniting out the way we made our way into the lounge where we all sat on the sofas, when the noise and shuffling died down, all eyes turned to Leanne and I could see the walls go back up and the feistiness return, Leanne was back to the old distant person I had first met.

My father broke the silence with the question we were all wanted to ask.

" Well Leanne I think you owe us and explanation don't you?"

Leanne gave a firm nod. As father continued.

"Why have you got a warrant out on you for attempted murder in Cold Rock, Samburg Tennessee"

Leanne's face shot up and looked at my father.

"Attempted murder, you mean he didn't die?" She queried.

"Not according to this warrant" he said waving the paper around.

"Lea this was given to the police department here and as the chief is a personal friend and he recognised you from the accompanying picture he tipped me off, The name may be slightly different but it's definitely you, so"
He enquired.

Leanne's POV

I knew this day would come, I had prepared for it over the last five years, but now it was here I was at a loss for words.

Chloe got up and came and sat on the arm of the sofa next to me and put her hand on mine for support, I looked up at her and she smiled at me, this encouraged me to let a bad part of our life become public knowledge. I took a deep breath smiled at Chloe and squeezed her hand, then I turned and faced my audience.

"My real name is Isabella Leanne Mastersons and Chloe's is..."
I looked at her and she nodded, I looked back round and continued.

"Is Ava Chloe Mastersons, our parents were" I sighed.

" William Mastersons and Brianne Mastersons, Tennessee's Bonnie and Clyde"

I heard the gasps and intake of breathes as the truth sank in.

"Chloe and I were there when they were killed by the sheriff and his men"

I then went on to explain about Chloe and I hiding, the sheriff, his deputy and the events of that night.
The look of horror and shock becoming more and more apparent on our audience's faces.

When I finished with the death of our parents, Chloe had squeezed down next to me and we were hugging each other, tears welling in our eye's as we brought the past back to life.

Mr Barratt who had sat there grim faced although my statement spoke up.

"I don't see how this led to an attempted murder charge"

"I just getting to that Mr Barratt " I replied.

"Well after the shooting and everything died down. The sheriff and his men searched the whole shack, they didn't find us or anything else they may have wanted, so they left leaving a patrol car and two men guarding the place.

We stayed like that for at least three days as they concluded there investigation and left.

By this time Chloe and I were really hungry and thirsty as we only had minimal supplies with us, so we ventured up into the shack, where we came face to face with Rowan and Duke the sons of the sheriff and the Mayor.

I was grabbed by Rowan the sheriff's son and Duke went after Chloe, I managed to trip him up so Chloe could squeeze behind the wardrobe where they couldn't get to her.

Rowan said it didn't matter they would both rape me instead, I tricked Rowan in to turning me around to face him, where upon I used my knee to get him to let me go, he fell to the floor in pain.

Duke was angry shouting what he was going to do to me, he charged at me, but I managed to move out the way and I stuck my foot out and tripped him, I was hoping that when he hit the table it would disorientate him long enough for me to get Chloe and run, however he fell through the glass table.

There was blood everywhere and he was screaming in pain, I got Chloe out and we grabbed our bags and ran.
I heard Rowan shout I had killed Duke and we wouldn't get far because I was a murderer "

I stopped for a breath and was met with a room full of shocked stone faced silence.

I turned to Mr Barratt and asked.

"Please Mr Barratt will you give us twenty four hours to get away, before you say anything "

By the look on Mr Barratt's face you would have thought I had murdered his family.

His face was red and he was angry, extremely angry, I swear I saw steam come out of his ears and nostrils.

He glared at Chloe and me and we cuddled even closer together, Shit I thought we're dead.

Then Mr Barratt let loose.

"NO FUCKING WAY!" He bellowed.

Making me and Chloe Bury our faces into each other, the rest of the family looked intimidated as well, Mr Barratt shot up and marched over to where we were sitting where he looked at us cowering on the sofa.

Then his anger subsided and his features softened. He put his hands out and gentle stroked Chloe's and my cheek.

"Sorry" he said "I didn't mean to frighten you, it's just your story made me so angry for what you have gone through and then you wanted to run, I couldn't have that "

Then his face hardened and he stood up to his full height, Jeez this guy was intimidating.

"Nobody and I mean nobody accuses my family of anything and gets away with it"

Upon hearing this declaration from the head of the family everyone rose and you could hear then agreeing with grim determination on there faces.

Then Mr Barratt called for Jay his PA and started issuing instructions.

"In this order Jay, I want my attorney here now, then get me Bill chief of police. Followed by the governor of Tennessee"

"On it now sir"

He continued. "Inform The court officials that the accused is in my protective custody and if necessary I will go to the president to approve this"

Holy smoke the Barratt's were on the warpath.