Miss Fiesty is back

Leanne's POV

After entering my room, I found two maids in there.

"Oh hi!" I said "Sorry if your busy, I'll come back in a minute"

They looked at me as though I had lost my mind, till one spoke up.

"No ma'am we are sorry we will leave you and come back later"

As they made to leave, I said.

"Please stay a minute can I talk to you"

" they turned and with they hands gripped in front of them, replied together.

"Yes ma'am"

I sighed "Please sit"

I said offering them the sofa, they looked at me, then each other then tentatively perched on the edge.

"Look ladies" I started.

"Michelle and Gabrielle ma'am"

Michelle answers indicating who was who.

"Okay, Michelle, Gabrielle, I am not use to this treatment and I am very uncomfortable with it, could you please call me Leanne, I can't handle all this ma'am business"

They looked at each other then back at me, I continued.

"Look I am Colton Barrett's PA, nobody special, I am just a normal person like you, I'm not important or got money, so please treat me as a normal person"

"Ma'am" said Michelle, I sighed "May I speak freely?"

I nodded.

"Well ma'am, we were told by Mrs Barratt that you were very special and to be treated as such as you will be a member of the family soon"

I couldn't help it as I burst out laughing. Michelle and Gabrielle looked at me in shock

"I'm sorry but that the most ludicrous thing I have ever heard. There's no way that Colton and I will ever marry, you two stand more chance than me, I'm not even in the same universe as him.
So now that's straighten out, can we drop the ma'am please"

Michelle and Gabrielle looked decidedly uncomfortable now when Michelle spoke again.

"Well ma'am, we were told that you would think that, but that is not the case and we must treat you as we would any of Mr and Mrs Barratt's guests.

I sighed again.

" Okay we will beg to differ on this, so how about you treat me normal when it's just me like now and when I'm not on my own or I'm out of my room, then as a guest" I said with hope.

They looked at each other for a few minutes, then back at me.

"We will try ma.... Leanne" said Michelle smiling.

"Yes" I said "Now how about a drink" I said.

They both shot to their feet.

"Sit" I commanded I know it sounds like I was talking to a dog, but it got the desired result as they both sat.

"Right what can I get you, Gabrielle?" I enquired.

Gabrielle looked like a deer caught in headlights, panic written all over her face.

"Look" I said " It's not going to work unless you try, do you want me to get Mrs Barratt to get you reassigned?"

This made their eye's open in alarm.

"No please miss" they cried.

"Okay I thought you would be happier not dealing with me"

"Please Miss Masters, We're sorry, it's just we've never had anyone want us to stay and talk and drink with them, it's highly irregular and well we're not sure how to deal with this situation Miss"