The battle lines are drawn

Chloe's POV

I race down the street my heart beating so fast I think it might explode, dam it's all my fault, I agreed to help the Barrett's get Leanne and Colton together, I thought it was a good idea, I deceived my sister by plotting behind her back, now I must get to her and make it right.

As I ran to the school field, I heard the distinct sound of a helicopter coming closer, I turned the corner and was met by three uniformed policemen.

"Are you Chloe Masters?" One of the officers asked.

"Yes" I gasped.

"Okay wait here till it lands, then we will get you on board "

"Thanks " I replied

Soon I was strapped in the helicopter and on my way, I was petrified having never flown before, but at the same time excited.

After a short period of time we were landing in the grounds of a huge estate. I didn't have time to admire it's beauty Leanne needed me.

I was rushed in through the magnificent front doors to a room full of hushed people and on into a smaller room. Here I recognised, BB and Colton, the others I didn't know.

"Where is she" I asked.

"Thank God you're here" BB said hugging me "What do you need"

"First off where is she" BB pointed to a door.

"Bathroom "She whispered.

"Okay I need a bedroom a little way from here, can you put some water and a sedative in ready and then clear everyone from the route we must not see anyone okay"

"Okay "came a chorus of answers.

"After a few minutes everything was set.

"Okay" I said "Here we go"

With that I made my way to the door and shouted.

"Lea, Lea are you there"

"Yes "came a muffled reply. "Chloe are you safe, are you okay"

"Yes I did as you said and hid, he couldn't find me he's gone now, come out, so we can go to our safe place."
Cautiously the door opened and Leanne's wild eye's scanned the area.
I grabbed here hand and half running and half walking dragged her into the bedroom, shutting and locking the door, the problem I have now is Leanne stinks of alcohol a very familiar smell, so I can't give her any tablets.

I pushed her into the bed and climbed in next to her and held till she fell asleep.

Once I was certain she was fast asleep I got up tiptoed out the bedroom unlocking and relocking it, then made my Way down the hallway to the others.

They all stood as I entered. Colton came over and grabbed my elbow.

" I'm so sorry it was my fault, I must have done something to upset her" he said.

"No it's my fault I should have known this could happen"

Suddenly Mr Barratt senior spoke "Has this happened before "

I nodded "Yes quite a few times"

"I think young lady we need to talk"

I nodded again and he led me into what appeared to be a small study, with filled bookcases on two opposing walls a large picture window on the remaining back wall. A small ornate desk with three chairs sat in the centre.

"First things first, why all this attention on Leanne, what are you after, just a date" I asked.

The two Barratt men exchanged looks, before Barratt senior lent back in his chair, indicating his son should speak.
Colton cleared his throat.