The sherrif

Leanne's POV

I looked around the sheriff was standing in the middle of the store Chloe sat on a chair behind him.

"I ignored the sheriff and made my way to Chloe, there were dried tears on her face.

" Are you all right Chloe, did he touch you" she shook her head no.

"I told you I wouldn't harm her if you came back to me."

"Well I'm here so you can let her go now" I said icily.

"I'm beginning to change my mind, I might keep you both" he smirked.

I pulled Chloe up and pushed her behind me, making a wide berth around the sheriff keeping myself facing him, until the door was directly behind us.

"Go" I said to Chloe, shoving her towards the door, but keeping me between the sheriff and Chloe. She looked at me and I glared at her and motioned with my eyes to go, tentatively she made her way towards the door.

The sheriff stepped forward and I stepped back.

"A deals a deal" I said "I came, she goes"

"Well I may have changed my mind, I can have double the fun"

"Well you ain't gonna get her, because you will have to kill me first to get to her" I hissed.

The sheriff growled and looked past me to see Chloe reach the door and start to open it, the sheriff cried in rage and tried to charge past me to get to Chloe.

"Run Chloe" I shouted.

As the sheriff got close I stepped in front of him, causing him to stop.

I smiled at him. " You don't want me then" I said.

His anger turned to lust as he reached out to grab me, when I initiated my usual move when faced with this situation.
The sheriff howled and doubled over, but he held my arm in a vice like grip, I struggled to break free but I couldn't.

"You ain't going nowhere bitch I have plans for you, I continued to struggle when someone came up along side of me, lent forward took the sheriff's arm in their mouth and bit down as hard as they could, Chloe.

The sheriff screamed and let go, grabbing Chloe we raced to the door, just as we reached it, I heard the sheriff cock his revolver and in a menacing voice said.

" Step away from the door or I will shoot the pair of you"

We both stopped four feet short of the door, I quickly pushed Chloe behind me and faced the sheriff.

He was hot and sweating, blood was dribbling down his arm and he was red from anger and exertion.

"You are not getting Chloe" I reiterated " Only over my dead body your choice" all the while inching us closer to the door.

"You attacked me" he growled.

Three feet.

"You broke your promise" I countered.

Two feet.

He raised his revolver.

"Stop right there or I will shoot you" he said.

One foot.

Then the door burst open and a body stepped in front of me.

"YOU!" Both I and the sheriff said at the same time.

"Colton" I hissed "Get out of here, he will shoot you"

"No" he said with anger and steel in his voice. " I am not moving until your safe, even if I have to die to make it happen, NOW MOVE " he finished by shouting and shoving both Chloe and I out the door and onto the floor.